Nam entry in progress The M151A1C pics
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 05:05 AM UTC
Hello there!
Well... these are the last shots of the model prior to priming and panting. It was upgraded in quite few areas to represent the original more acurately than the OOB mutt by academy. The syspension is modified basing on the Vodnik's M151A1 build. The rest I tried to update per photos I found on the net. (would be far easier for me to just exchange the front fenders and signal lights from the old M151A2 and therefore making it almost accurate representation of that version )

Cheers
Pedro

pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 09:33 AM UTC
Loks really nice Pedro. Its really amazing to see all the details you have added to make it an acurate build.
Pedro
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 01:55 PM UTC
Thanks Keenan!

Other than the mods I've made, the kit almost builds itself

Cheers mate
Pedro
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2005 - 02:21 PM UTC
Indeed; that's a nice little truck you've got there! (makes me wanna do one ). I like the figure as well. I am looking forward to the next progress pics.

Are you gonna put it in a vignette/diorama?

Keep it up
Mark

btw merry christmas and happy newyear!
Pedro
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 03:05 AM UTC
Thanks for the kudos Mark!
The truck will only have a little base (round, about 12,5cm in dia.) The fig will also get a soda can in the right hand and either an M16 in the truck or I'll have to make a pack of cigarettes out of the mag in his pocket

Merry christmass to you too!

Cheers
Pedro
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2005 - 04:45 AM UTC
It was nice to see the rear suspension accurately depict the earlier-style M151A1 rear suspension arms. I was surprised when Academy released their -A1 and it still had the -A2 rear arms. When the windshield is removed, there are slotted openings along the top that would be where the cowl mates with the windshield gasket. These slots are provided to pass the air for the defroster to the windshield, when the heater kit is fitted. The slots are already in place when the truck left the factory.

The tires for the M151 series also had more of a full, rounded cross-section than found in most kits and AM wheel-tire replacements. I have never found the time to try and master a replacement for casting though.

Pedro, looks really nice. Having crewed on the M151 series and all of the variants (except that mine detecting -A1,,,I'm not that crazy!), I always found the 106mm RR to have the most aggressive presence. Something about that tube...

I was always thankful that ou unit wasn't tested by fire in the Fulda Gap with these things, trying to stop the Red hordes on their way to the Rhine. One shot at best before the artillery made the rest of the fight an academic discussion...

Jim Peterson
 _GOTOTOP