_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
In the Stalingrad Shadows (#1)
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2002 - 06:53 PM UTC
hey all :-)

I said I was going to this large dio from Enemy At the Gates...

And it has stared...I have planned it out carefully, I know how and what materials to use for everything. I have pulled out my old GaZ car that I had from a while ago and I am going to re-paint that and use that...
here is the plan... http://groups.msn.com/armorama/gatekeeper.msnw?Page=Last
Both pictures are the same but the second one is bigger...(it dosent show...maby if you save the pic it will be larger)...unfortunately the pics are very small...so here it goes...
On the top left hand side there will be the Gaz with afallen soldier next to it, the will be fallen power lines between the Gaz and railway tracks. In the top right hand corner there will be rusted metal sheets where the grman sniper, Konig, will be. Under that there is a water tower with a fallen sodier on top of that,...futher down there is a signal house, another fallen powerline and Vassili's hideout, behinde the wall with burnt out wood in front of it. thw "W" shaped thing is a collapsed wall showing the inside of a factory. the white area in the middle will be full of rubble. The dio will be higher towards the top right hand side.
(sorry it was so long)...
Any questions???...comments???...I will reply..

thanks
Cris :-)
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2002 - 07:39 PM UTC
Looks good little buddy just have one question and that is the center is missng somthing
What I mean is are you going to put the soldiers theer ruble or somthing
Just a sugestion
Branden
P.S.
You want to be sure your story line is not dominated by other structures
Peace
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2002 - 07:48 PM UTC
Oh yeah I forgot... #:-) In the center there will be rubble...lots of it...burnt wood, bricks, a couple of bodies, some boxes, some train peices, you know... And youll be able to see both snipers as I am goins to cut open the corners so youll be able to see Konig under the metal sheets in the train repair area...

Thanks bro... :-)
DesertRat
Visit this Community
Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 131 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2002 - 08:26 PM UTC
Just a thing... I could be mistaken on this, but, was not the Uaz jeep introduced at a later date, and so, would it not be inapropriate for a Stalingrad setting? I would recommend you to ascertain this fact, no doubt some knowledgeable people at this site or Missing Links can confirm it... Of course, it could be you have already checked it, and the Uaz is prefectly correct, if so please forgive my intromission...

Dani
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Friday, November 29, 2002 - 09:35 PM UTC
Shout out to Dani

I have done a bit more research on the Gaz I have put in the dio...Please excuse me I put the "GAZ 67". I read the instruction sheet it sais..."In 1943 at the hight of the war, the Soviet Union strarted developing a jeep-type vehicle better suited to Russian terrian on the basis of the Willis MB jeep given by U.S. and began to manufacture the Soviet Union's first jeep type vehicle, Gaz-67". So the Gaz 67 I have put in the dio was built in 1943.

Sorry Dani for my miss writen information

thanks for your concern

Cris
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 12:13 AM UTC
Cris

Looks like you have done some extensive research on the whole thing
What`s going to be the size of this project??

Keep us updated man I definitely want to see more of this dio
Keep up the good work

REMEARMR
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 443 posts
Armorama: 357 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 07:18 AM UTC
This will certainly be a very impressive piece when finished. Have you found a source for the train wreckages or are you to scratch build them?
If this is based on the film was not the body of the young boy hanging from the water tower, it has been a while since I saw the film but I do remember the boy was hung in the train yard.
Keep us posted on progress
Robbo
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 07:26 AM UTC
I believe the boy is hanging in a tree but I could be mistaken on this point because its also a long time for me als. haven`t seen the film for a couple of months

User_789
Visit this Community
Sweden
KitMaker: 476 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 07:33 AM UTC
If you want a challange, make a train passing through the diorama
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 09:43 AM UTC
lol!... :-) ...I dunno about the train passage!...I might scratchbuild a locomotive and put it in the bottom right corner. I have also thought of the little kid hung from the water tower. I can put the child hung from thr tower dangling down from the water tube. I also wanna put a dead sniper looking over the dio on top of the water tower (the building not the water tube)
Faust
THe dio will be about 30 or 40 cm by 25 or 30 cm. ( I am not sure how mutch that is in inches #:-) )

Thanks everyone :-)

Cris
FAUST
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 02:45 PM UTC
Well that`s some nice and big project

I really want to see how this turns out. Hope you can show us pictures ASAP of your project because I think I`m not the only one that`s really curious about this

keep us updated

Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 07:21 PM UTC
I will!...I have already finished my GaZ car...and I have started my workshop :-) Now all I need is to start everything eles...Ill keep everything posted!...
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 01, 2002 - 03:54 AM UTC
That's a BIG project you're starting there, junior ! Good luck with it ! We look forward to seeing more of it !
Jan
 _GOTOTOP