_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bradley rear storage boxes
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 03:54 AM UTC
I am wondering what is stowed in the rear boxes of a M2A3 Bradley?The boxes are on either side of the ramp.I have the Eduard photo-etch set that enables me to pose these boxes open and I love to expose every detail possible.I believe Sabot will have an answer but any answer would be appreciated.
(:-)
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 08:08 AM UTC
If you would like it, I have a diagram of what is in both the boxes. e-mail me at [email protected] and I will send it to you.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 01:18 PM UTC
If you'd like, when I return I can take some photos of the inside of the boxes. They're empty, but usually there are labels and stenciling of where things go.

Disclaimer: If this question was answered in error, or an answer not required/expected/wanted, please notify me and I will delete the post. This post is not intended as an attack on any persons posting prior to or after this post. Please feel free to disregard/disbelieve/discount any information contained in the post.
jackhammer
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2002 - 04:30 PM UTC
Hi Rob,
Yes,I would love those pics!Stenciling will add that extra bit of realism,along with the proper stowage.Gee,if I wasn't already eagerly anticipating your return on the edge of my seat,I am now!Take care of yourself and have a safe and joyous return.
eshemuta
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 05:20 AM UTC
just wanted to pass along a little personal experience on the topic, I was in germany from 83 to 86, and was part of the initial transition to the M2 Bradely from M113's.
We very quickly learned not to keep anything of importance in the sponson boxes (as they are officially called). The reason is this: when a bradley turns, it pivots on the center, of course the rear end of the vehicle swings in the opposite direction of the turn. If this is done when moving around trees, it's common for the box to come into contact with the tree and either open or dent the box. I saw one case where the box was completely removed from the vehicle like this. Therefore we simply didn't use them. In fact, some of the equipment that went in the box, such as the gasoline stove, was never issued. This was in the original M2, so the A3 might have a different equipment list.
shorty
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 05:57 AM UTC
while were on the topics of the Bradley. im looking for an aftermarket interior kit for the M3
by Tamiya . any help?

jackhammer
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC
As far as I know,there is no aftermarket kit for the bradley interior.Best suggestion I can come up with is to get an Acadamy Bradley and convert the M2 interior into a M3.It will require alot of research and scratchbuilding but,the end result is the enjoyment you retrieve from the kit.
(:-)
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 11:48 AM UTC
Jack,
I agree with Eshemuta, while I was with the 24th INF DIV(MECH) I didnt see any of the Bradley crews store anything in those boxes for that same reason. I did see a lot of damaged boxex too. This was on the A2's.
Shorty, Jackhammer is correct. The only other sugesstion or really an addition to Jack's comment, is to add the Eduards Photo Etch interior for the Bradley.
 _GOTOTOP