1/48 French "EVASAN" Goose diorama
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 10:58 PM UTC
Hi all!

Here is my second (and first Aircraft) 1/48 diorama. First one was a Schwimmwagen for the "Amphibs" Campaign. This one is based on Signifer's 1/48 Grumman JRF Goose I built for the "Medics" Campaign. A feature about the build can be found here .

The diorama was made with a photo frame I purchased on sale. Fortunately the frame was the same color as the plane! I used plaster for the ground work and Railroad material for the grass. The figures are from Tarmac, a french brand available at Quarter-Kit's website.

The fuel drums and the jerry can are from the Tamiya set. I scratchbuilt an access ladder and the wheel chocks with wire. The story is that the two guys at the rear are waiting for instructions. The one in front of the Goose is asking the pilot and the officer how they should load the plane...

Now that I made my first steps, I think I will build at least a base for every aircraft I will make in the future... it's a lot of fun and it really adds something to the model. I'm afraid you're gonna see me more often on the Diorama forum!

Jean-Luc
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 02:42 AM UTC
I love everythink , all nice . I have to check tarmac figures they looks impressive brother . Awesome diorama . Wait my 1/48 Catalina diorama .
betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 05:01 AM UTC
Looking good, definitely brings the old bird to life :-). Just one thing i noticed though, the cracks in the tarmac look a bit wide, someone could lose there foot down there .
Andy (++)
umustb
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 1,396 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 09:03 AM UTC
Indeed a very nice diorama... Great job on the figure painting too!

Looking forward to seeing more of your future dioramas~!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 09:31 AM UTC
Very nice Jean-Luc. I watched your build for the Medic campaign. Your diorama is just the right setting for your "Goose". Nicely done.

Chuck
Graywolf
Staff MemberSenior Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Izmir, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 6,405 posts
Armorama: 1,850 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 12:02 PM UTC
nice composition,nice figures,nice painting and weathering..diobase also looks very good..congrats Jean-Luc.
Bon annee mon ami
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 12:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just one thing i noticed though, the cracks in the tarmac look a bit wide, someone could lose there foot down there

Hi all!

Thanks for your kind words!
Andy , you are right about the cracks in the tarmac. Those Indochina Airfields were really badly done! I noticed they were out of scale once I placed the figures, so I added grass in them to hide that a little rather than redo them. I was wondering if someone would notice that "detail". But as I said already, "never underestimate the power of Armorama!" :-)

Murat, a 1/48 Catalina Diorama? I can't wait to see it! Do you plan to add water to it?

Joyeuses fêtes à tous mes amis!

Jean-Luc
 _GOTOTOP