_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Campaigns and Group Build Questions
Blackwulf
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 215 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2005 - 11:19 PM UTC
I was reading through a couple of the campaign posts and was curious as to if the campaign policy was adopted to one campaign per area per year? The post I was reading had been going on for 2 years-lol--but I noticed that there were quite a few proposed campaigns in the batters circle at the moment. I am assuming that these may be group builds but are being placed under the campaigns area as Staff Jim had suggested? I was just curious because I have a few good ideas for group builds that might be able to cross the proposed dates on the others i.e..... start one in april that ends in September. This would allow some people to have a second or third or fourth (lol) project to work on while the paint is drying on the other model and also allow others to join in on a new build before June. I know this isn't a new concept-but I didn't see many builds if any starting in April or September, just mainly in January and June.
Anyway, I was trying to find the general guidelines for proposing a group build other than the subject and other pertinent information. Must a Group Build be submitted to the council for approval before determining if people are interested or should the subject be presented to the members and if enough want to participate then it would be presented to the council? And beyond this, if 10 people are needed to start a group build, what kind of a timeline can be expected from the submittal process to the council until it is approved for a group build?
Oh well--thats enough for the moment--I would welcome any responses to this post that would enlighten me so that I could possibly present some future group builds.

P.S. I hope this question hasn't been asked 200 times already--I haven't had time to search the posts for this kind of info due to the holidays so please forgive me in advance.

-=S=- to all, Blackwulf
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2005 - 12:19 AM UTC
There are no limits or "regulations" for you to propose a Group Build. They are fun activities members get together and work on. They are not Campaigns, and will not be placed on the Campaign Page.

Group Builds get launched in whatever Focus Area you frequent, whenever you and a group of like minded members determine, for as long as you wish to run it.

Gunnie
Blackwulf
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:06 PM UTC
I'm just a little confused Guntruck--I was viewing the campaign page and it says missions (group builds) with a list of them under the heading. I will assume that this is just what they are but where are the proposed actual campaigns for each of the categories? Forgive me for being ignorant but I am just trying to comprehend how it is working since I am relatively new to this process. The group builds also give out ribbons it appears? I registered for the Bombs Away Campaign but I am assuming that this is a group build and not the actual "Campaign" for the aircraft category? Maybe you could explain to me where the actual "Campaign" for each category is located versus the missions. Don't hate me-lol
Blackwulf
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:11 PM UTC
I see there are two campaigns that have the word OPERATION next to them and I assume that these are the actual campaigns. The rest of the campaigns are strictly group builds. So as of this time there are only group builds(missions) in the aircraft category and no actual operations or large scale campaign at the current moment. Maybe I figured it out finally-lol. Let me know how far off I am!
CRS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,936 posts
Armorama: 406 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 11:21 PM UTC
Patrick - See if this makes any sense to you ? It defines the Campaign catagories. "Bombs Away" is a Campaign.
http://www.armorama.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=submit&req=guidelines
Blackwulf
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 05:39 AM UTC
Thanks for responding Chuck, I was just a little confused since all of the campaigns are shown under the missions (group build) heading. I was just wondering if the actual Operations or large scale campaigns were under a different Operations Heading in another location. I see that the flattops operation was changed to the flat tops campaign which helps to delineate the two types of campaigns. The funny thing is that it might not even matter to most people, I was just trying to understand it since I am relatively new. Thanks for the reference link, I had read this earlier.
 _GOTOTOP