Hosted by Darren Baker
M-275 2 1/2 ton tractor ?
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 05:15 AM UTC
Will the fifth wheel from the dragon wagon kit work on the M-275 tractor conversion if not can it be scratchbuilt. Oh were do I get the non-slip material that goes behind the cab.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 07:48 PM UTC
The DW 5th wheel will work. You could also get a 5th wheel from a cheap, 1/32 snap-tite semi kit as well.

For the treadplate, Plastruct makes plastic sheets of it. There are also sheets available from different PE makers as well. Another option (old school way) is to take some 0.020 sheet plastic, coat it liberally with liquid glue, then press a piece of window screen into it while still wet and the plastic is softened. Let dry and cut to size.

Animal has some pics of one he did in his gallery to take a look at as well, but you probably already have.

Good luck.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 - 08:18 PM UTC
As Gino says, you could use the fifth wheel from the Dragon Wagon although it is too thick. the correct one is a flat plate steel. In my gallery you will find some photos of the correct one. It is very easy to make one from plastic stock. What I do is to draw the wheel on a piece of paper. To make sure that it is the same on both the left and right side I only draw half of the wheel on a piece of folded paper along the crease of the paper. after it is cut out, I unfold and have a complete wheel. I glue this down to a piece of 0.40MM plastic stock with white glue and cut out the shape. You can remove the pattern by soaking the part in warm water for a little while. The paper will come off easy.
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 06:04 AM UTC
Thanks Dave and Gino. Ill try the technique you mentioned Dave. May take me a few times to get it to scale.
 _GOTOTOP