Ruble
lietuvis
Visit this Community
Vilnius, Lithuania
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 02:14 AM UTC
how to make rubble from scratch ?
how do you make rubble for your dioramas ?
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 02:17 AM UTC
http://www.armorama.net//features/393
Simon
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 878 posts
Armorama: 697 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 03:09 AM UTC
Thats a nice intro to that question. If I may, I'd like to add my experience on the matter as well:

I use a mix of sand, catlitter, bits from brickwalls (realsize that is), pieces of wood (toothpicks etc.) and dried clay. It makes a nice variety in color and it looks good in the final result.

Hope it helps.

Simon
Neill
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,255 posts
Armorama: 485 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 06:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

how to make rubble from scratch ?
how do you make rubble for your dioramas ?

Lots of resources here to help you out check out the many articles by hitting the search engine keyword "rubble"

here is an article I wrote on walls and rubble

and here isa basic description i gave on a M10 diorama I am finishing

Quoted Text

I create my own rubble. Mixed up some Durhams Water Putty ( or plater or what ever else you might use) and pour it out on a plastic bag ( I use 1 gallon zip lock pbags thicker and will not crumble up). I spread it out to the right scale thickness and the nlet it dry a little. before it hardens I score the surface the width of the brick or block I am trying to recreate. Once dry I simple snack it into the right length piece and toss it all in the bag and give it a few wacks witha rubber mallet to break it up and give mea variety of simplesand shapes.

Note: I always tint my putty mixture a dark grey to make it easier to paint later
AND
Before I pour the putyy out on the plastic bag, I spinkle or powder the bag with Dry Durhams. This way the back side of my bricks are not slick and flat, but have a textured finish.

hope that makes senseand helps. Maybe I can do a Article just on my rubble technique with PIXs.

Neill

_GOTOTOP