Hosted by Darren Baker
2nd story canal bldg. pics.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:35 AM UTC
Hi guys, just working on the 2nd floor - the grey is supposed to be slate patio areas. The rest will have two small roofs like a horseshoe shape -leaving the center walkway to the front balcony open to the sky.
Not sure if I will cover the side patios with roofing or make myself crazy and try to leave these areas open also - and enter roofing hell.
Thanks fer lookin - Cheyenne - other pics. in gallery.

jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 08:32 AM UTC
Cheyenne, looks good and building fast again I see!!! I think you should stay with the simpler roof, just my opinion but I could see the headache if you choose the other route. Also are these railings the same stuff you used on the barge when it was first built? I would like to know where to find these. Another thing is the grey brick sections on the lower level what are these made from? Cheers Kevin
Max_Fischer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 639 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 09:48 AM UTC
Looks great so far!
Keep up the wonderful work Cheyenne
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Friday, December 30, 2005 - 06:20 PM UTC
Hi Kevin, thanks man, the balcony spindles are the type I had originally used on the barge. They are model ship scratch accs. made by Artesana Latina. My local hobby shop has alot of scratch ship and r.r. stuff.
The dark grey flooring squares are sections from some forgotten r.r. kits I had laying around [ I save everything if it even remotely has a modeling application ]. The 1st floor sides are covered with Plastruct brick sheets, can't remember what scale but when I bought them they looked close enough.
Plastruct makes tons of siding, roofing, stonework etc. in 7" x 12" sheets and are a handy quick alternative to covering large areas, instead of cutting individual pieces and gluing and grouting. The relief texture on the sheets is a little soft but I can't judge them yet as I haven't painted any of them up yet [ yeah I know I haven't painted any of my stuff yet , yer wiseguys all wiseguys ]. I just glued them to the balsa sides with regular old tube modeling glue and 6 or 7 books on top for about an hour, checked and they are not going to peel or fall off.
Kevin I'm suprised you could see the brick texture on the sheets with the blurry pics.
Which reminds me why is that huh ?
I take pics. load them into my computer, resize them in my H.P. image zone, all the while lookin good, I can see all the individual brickwork on the pic. etc. - then download them to my gallery on the site and when I bring them up to look at them, they are blurry.
Now I've seen other posts with pics. and those pics. are not blurry, what am I doing wrong ?
Hiya Max, thanks, - Cheyenne
tango20
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 1,281 posts
Armorama: 336 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 31, 2005 - 08:00 PM UTC
Hi Mate
Looking real good lots of great levels and texture,there was a lot of texture on my tongue this morning after that cheeky little red last night.....lol lol.
I have the same prob with my pics but i have down loaded Picassa its free and the pics seem to be better,good luck with the roof you will have to start glueing these babies down soon looking forward to more progress have a great day speak later.
Cheers Chris :-)
modelci2000
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC
I got a brain cramp , The dio will be a master piece of work .
 _GOTOTOP