_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Modern Campaign M2A2 ODS
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 04:09 PM UTC
Hi all and happy new year to all campaigners !
Here are some pics of my M2A2 ODS kit improved thanks to Vodnik's article.
The model will be an old A2 upgraded to the ODS standard so I've added the swim barrier brackets but no barrier posts will be present.
I decided to do the new driver hatch as well as the new gunner hatch too thanks to Epi TM drawings and pics.

It will be a KFOR vehicle with some wear like the left rear bin door torn apart and others I've not decided yet.

I don't know if I'll correct the turret bustle shape as I feel it a pain to do so

Now let's show the pics

olivier
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 04:29 PM UTC
Wow Olivier, already this kit is looking very impressive. Are you using styrene sheets for those little additions to the kit?
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 05:50 PM UTC
Hi Jeremy,
yes, I use mainly styrene sheets along with aluminium foil for the shiny parts.

olivier
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 01, 2006 - 06:36 PM UTC
Keep on the good work Olivier !
...et bonne année 2006

Frenchy
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 12:11 AM UTC
Looking good, Olivier. This will be a master piece for sure. Keep us posted.

Cheers
Erik
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 11:45 AM UTC
Thanks Frenchy and Erik,
I believe the glacis is done and I'll go to the turret area from now on.
happy new year et bonne année.

olivier
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Monday, January 02, 2006 - 04:44 PM UTC
Hi
Looking really good! I love all the details you have added, im working on the M2a2 aswell and using Vodniks article so I shall have to post some of my pics on here. Are you going to construct a new interior? thats what im building at the moment-the newer bench layout interior.
Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing it finished. Good work on the rear by the way-looks totally accurate now.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:04 AM UTC
Good job Olivier. I got to work on mine some during the holidays. I got alot done on the hull and I am starting to mask to spray on the anti slip coating. I'll try and post some pictures soon.
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:38 AM UTC
Hi Rob and Pete,
I won't build an interior this time, I'm a bit lazy :-)

I'm trying to rebuild the bustle rack and the back of the TOW launcher. My next pain will be the anti-slip coating. I really don't know how I'll do that. I'm afraid with Mr Surfacer.

Will see.

olivier
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:45 AM UTC
"Back of the TOW?" What are you redoing?

Bustle rack???? Have you seen the newest Legend accessory set for the Bradley. It loks like it has a hole new bastle rack with equipment molded in it, if you are gonna add gear.

I'm scared of the anti slip coating too, but i said what the hell, since I'm doing all this added work, I might as well go for it.

I'll post a picture of the hull before I spray the coating. You have to see my art work on it. I used a red sharpie to outline where the coating goes. Looks kinda funny.

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:54 AM UTC
Olivier,
Have you seen Voyagers set for the ODS. It has a new turret bin. I'm not 100% sure if the shape is correct though.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:07 PM UTC

Quoted Text

"Back of the TOW?" What are you redoing?

I started creating the rear interior of the TOW2 launcher thanks to Robin's pics. Not that hard but it takes time.

Quoted Text

Bustle rack???? Have you seen the newest Legend accessory set for the Bradley. It loks like it has a hole new bastle rack with equipment molded in it, if you are gonna add gear.

I didn't notice the bustle rack was in that set. However, I'll correct the left side of the bustle which is too round where it should be more square. I think correcting the floor part and creating a new wall.

Quoted Text

I'm scared of the anti slip coating too, but i said what the hell, since I'm doing all this added work, I might as well go for it.

I second you, after all that extra work it would be a pityt not to give it the antislip coating
BTW, have you got a scheme for the coating. I'm only sure of the glacis.

olivier
Vodnik
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 4,342 posts
Armorama: 3,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC
Both Voyager's and Legend's bustle racks are still wrong shape. Both manufacturers just copied the shape of the rack in Tamiya kit...

Pawel
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 07:16 PM UTC
DAMN!!!!! I wish they would take this A0+ and give me an A2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Pawel for the heads up on the Voyager and Legend bustle racks. It's a little late for me to correct mine, but it still looks good and I hope the rest of the model takes away from that part.

Olivier,
I grabed pictures from Pawel and Rob on the launcher, but as usual, I'm using the TM to scratch build my TOW launcher. I have an older style launcher in my parts vault, to bad uh? Would you like the pages from the TM on the launcher too??????

As far as the anti slip, most of the help came from Pawel and a little bit from the A0+ I have outside. I will defianetly shoot some pics tonight before I start masking it for spraying so you can see the pattern. But if Pawel chimes in here, even better!!!!
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 08:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Olivier,
I grabed pictures from Pawel and Rob on the launcher, but as usual, I'm using the TM to scratch build my TOW launcher. I have an older style launcher in my parts vault, to bad uh? Would you like the pages from the TM on the launcher too??????

As far as the anti slip, most of the help came from Pawel and a little bit from the A0+ I have outside. I will defianetly shoot some pics tonight before I start masking it for spraying so you can see the pattern. But if Pawel chimes in here, even better!!!!

Hi Epi,
any help would be appreciated for sure. The TM pages will help checking my work.
At first, I wanted to keep the kit rear part and re-tooled it. But it is a mistake, you'd better do the interior then re-do the rear part which is not so difficult apart from the unloading handle.

olivier
I'll try to post something ASAP.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 09:18 PM UTC
Her you go Olivier. By the time we are finished with our Bradley's, people are not gonna be able to tell them apart from the real things.

Oh, for you guys thinking about security issues or OPSEC, these pages are not classified, and I haven't posted anything that has been classified of any sort. I double check everything I post.

bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi Pete,
it appears that I've not misled myself by interpretating Robin's pics. I guessed the upper part was oblique but was not quite sure. Now I am.
Still some work to do tonight I won't do the whole thing just the rear of it but may it will be useful for another project.

Thanks again for your kind help.
olivier
 _GOTOTOP