Hosted by Darren Baker
Update M4 Sherman 105mm
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 05:20 AM UTC
Very nice.I hope you fair in the spent shell hatch to the turret,it will look alot nicer
As for weathering the track.do what I did,run it outside for a while... (++) (++)
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 15, 2006 - 11:35 PM UTC
Hey

Are there any important upgrades I should buy for my Sherman (today I officially started saving up for it....)

Like ball bearings etc.....

Also does any of you have news on the Armour Elite 76mm turrets? I'd love to have one but no idea when they will be back...

Keep it up!
Martin
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 09:43 AM UTC
Martin:

I hate to go against an advertiser here, but go with one of Tiff Williams T23 turrets. they are more properly scaled to the Tamiya hull, where the BYA one is much larger, more like a Jumbo turret than a T23.

BYA is working on revised read deck asemblies (including working hatches) and a PE & Styrene assembly for the exhaust deflector insyead of the former 'lump-o-resin' they had.

Before ya jump on me, I had the kit, and after examining it, sold it as a loss.

Being scale is one thing, but being in scale with the ~rest~ of the kit is more important, especially for something as large as a turret.

WhiteWolf
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 08:17 PM UTC
So where can I buy the turret by Tiff Williams?

He's a FRAG member with a whole bunch of Shermans right? Can remember he made some VVS suspensions as well (awesome)

Martin
 _GOTOTOP