_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Guntrucks!
Guntrucks of all nationalities and flavors.
Hosted by Darren Baker
OIF guntrucks
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 421 posts
Armorama: 325 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 04:43 PM UTC
Hi
I have just loaded a few oif guntruck pics to my gallery, these i have found amongst others over the last week or so, unfortunately i have no record as to what sites so if they belong to someone i apologise.
I have a couple of questions,
first off do any of the hemmtt truck kits available come with the cab mounted 50?,
is this a standard or improvised mount?
the other guntruck appears to be similar if not the same truck from memory one of the pics was described as the camp guntruck i'd like to know what truck this is based on as it seems to be running on normal road truck tyres?
Iam thick when it comes to computers so getting them into my gallery was an achievement ,no idea how to get them onto a post.
cheers
peter
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 07:59 PM UTC
No HEMMT models, either the Italeri one nor the Revell rebox, come with the cab .50 cal mount. It is a standrd kit for a HEMMT gunmount though. It uses the same ring-mount as the one in the AFV Club M35A2 and the Italeri MM923 kits though. It wouldn't be too difficult to scratch up the support legs and braces with some sheet styrene.

The other guntruck is based on an M916A1 Engineer Tractor. The M916 does use normal road tires and is based on a commercial Freightliner tractor.

somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 09:10 PM UTC
Hi Gino
Cheers for the info, you seem to be the man at answering my questions, iam really going to have to get some upto date references on US trucks now that ive got this craze for oif guntrucks.
Ive got a spare ring somewhere off a m35 kit so that one should be ok.
As far as the m916 is concerned i suppose its out of the question that a 1/35 kit exists, but if it is a commercial freightliner truck (that is a US manufacturer right) maybe theres a 1/32ish model out there, iam thinking old monogram 1980s snaptite or maybe a diecast.
Just so you dont think all i do is ask questions ive got a couple guntrucks on the go at the moment.
thanks again
peter
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 10:57 PM UTC
No problem on the questions, happy to answer them. You are correct that there are no kits of the M916A1. There was a snap-tite 1/32 model of a Freightliner that was close and I believe Paschal, or someone else here at Armorama converted one. If I remember correctly, it was a major conversion project.

Good luck on your guntrucks and post some pics as they come along.
somtec
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 03:31 AM UTC
Hi Gino
Figured there wouldnt be a kit out there, did some digging and found the threads to the conversion, looks like a major building exercise with not much of the original kit used, still turned out ok.

I'll try and take some pics of my guntrucks, a couple of humvees a 21/2 ton and a 5ton started so far,cameras about six year old so quality isnt the best.
cheers
peter
 _GOTOTOP