_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Challenger 1 Mk3
corsutton
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 544 posts
Armorama: 511 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 11:06 PM UTC
Here are some pics of my finished Chally 1 Mk3. I had to use the Fruil tracks on this because the rubberband tracks were 2 links too long! Really good build for an older kit.

Points of interest:
1. Camo net is actually a hair net that has been spray painted. The paint clumped in the hair net to give the appearance of leaves and such. This was luck. I was running out of ideas and so just threw a hair net into my booth and spray canned it. When it was dry I was real happy with the end result.

2. The Fruil tracks. The runs are actually 2 complete links shorter than the rubber band tracks.

3. I think the "dust coat" is a little heavy but oh well. It is in the desert after all.

Any way please give critiques. Enjoy the pics.

dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Friday, January 06, 2006 - 11:16 PM UTC
Congrats Cory, love the chipping paint all around. Very nice model, I think itīs a Tamiya kit, right?

Interesting the camo net made from a hair net, I havenīt think that one before.

Only thing, the pics are a little darker, maybe some natural sun light when takiking the pics will be better.

Congrats again, best regards
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2006 - 03:14 AM UTC
Thats a nice kit you got there Cory.

The photos are a tad dark so definitely try taking it under sunlight.

I can only see that you applied a heavy wash on the bolts and panels? If so, try gently dry brushing over it to blend it with the base coat a little. At this stage, it seems to be contrasting with the rest of the body unrealistically.

Weathering is very nicely done. I like the way you did the the wheels but i cant tell if the tracks are weathered or not.

Other than that, you really make me want to start my chally.

Well done!
 _GOTOTOP