_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Site Suggestion
WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 945 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 08:00 AM UTC
Hey guys,

Anyway to create a space dedicated to good and bad trader feedback? I see many people are selling and buying models but there are no where we can find out their trading feedback/reputation. I think it would be nice if we can set one up so people who wants to trade have some solid references to fall back on.

This will also prevent from trolls and scam artists to solicit on this site.

What do you guys think?

WC
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 08:07 AM UTC
Ya know, I was wondering about something like that too. I find it very suspicious when a guy with 0 posts pops up with a $400.oo Tamiya lot for sale.

Ya know? I just have a hard time thinking "honest".

Cuhail
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 08:09 AM UTC
Although i think this idea has many good intentions, this may open up a whole can of worms if we arent careful. What i mean is for those classified under the Bad Trader section, to have an official section on this site dedicated on it would mean Armorama as a collective is publically criticising this trader. Im not sure what the US laws are with regards to defamation but here NZ, if you are on the wrong side of the wall, it means alot of $$$ to the courts and the plaintiff.

I guess the best way around it would be to place a disclaimer to this "section" that the views expressed here is not reflective of the views of armorama. Most people do this anyway.

WildCard
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 945 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2006 - 08:14 AM UTC
Jeremy,

I think this will not be a problem. People who are genuinely for this forum will give honest trades. While scam artists' intention will only try to make money, thus will not be involve in the discussion or present work in this forum.

WC
 _GOTOTOP