_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Gallery - Pictures in the correct Folder
skipper
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,182 posts
Armorama: 761 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC
Hi all

This is a little request that can make a big difference to all of us.
This is not aimed at anyone in particular, but a way of keeping things in the proper place, also for you (photo owner) to know where your pictures are.

Since the gallery have grown to the actual Monster Octupus size, with a lot of folders and sub-folders, in the last week I have every single day sent PM's asking some members to move the pictures to the proper gallery, I would like to give all of you (new and not so new members) this hint:

The way to never miss the upload category, is for you to navigate to the "target" category and them click the "Upload Photos" link on the header button/link - this way you never get it wrong
If you have permissions to upload the pictures in that folder - ok (usually Campaigns Folders), if not, it's because you have it in the wrong one
Also remember that you can create folders in your own gallery and this fact doesn't steal you any of that precious space - it's only a matter of organization.

I am not being picky, but in the last week in the Flattops Campaign Finished models sub-folder have been uploaded: Cars, Planes, Helicopters and Tanks, all being mislead by the "Finished Models" (folder name)

As I said in the beggining of this post, this is not a critic to those who made a mistake, but a way for you to keep your photos stored accordingly.

Thank you

Skipper

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 11:22 PM UTC
I noticed the same thing, Rui! (although that is a fine looking Panther! ). It's easy to get mixed up in the gallery when uploading at first, but after you catch on to the system it's quite an easy and pleasurable experience...quite a user friendly design!
Gunny
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, January 09, 2006 - 11:37 PM UTC
ACK - that's usually the nav. method I use, sometimes varying it a bit...
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 - 01:15 AM UTC
Skipper this has always been happening. It is the main reason we, at one stage, put a stop to members adding images directly to the reference galleries as so much time was spent shifting the offending photos.

I do agree though that folk need to take more care when uploading.

Cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP