Legend's SAS Jeep Conversion
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,580 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 03:52 AM UTC
Hi all,
I just picked up the SAS Jeep conversion from Legend. The directions sheet is kind of hard to read. The pictures used to describe the part placement lost a lot of clarity when they were photocopied for the directions.
Does anyone out there have any information they could share with me?
I appreciate any help you can give me
Thanks,
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 04:33 AM UTC
here's a couple links

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jeep_man/sasjeep.htm

http://www.stevesreferencephotos.btinternet.co.uk/sasjeep1.htm

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/stephane.delogu/galerie2.html

http://www.jeepfreund.de/Fotos/Speziale/speziale.html
Maki
Staff MemberSenior Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Croatia Hrvatska
KitMaker: 5,579 posts
Armorama: 2,988 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2002 - 11:43 AM UTC
Mongo I don't know much about SAS Jeep, but I'd like to know how do you like Legend conversion... I was thinking of getting their IDF Jeep conversion..

BTW, I thought you are a "figure guy".. :-)

Mario M.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 12:17 AM UTC
Hi Maki,
I've never used anything from Legend before so I don't know how well they go together. I did get the Verlinden SAS Jeep conversion at the same time (a friend was clearing out his stash and I got a great bargin). As a head to head comparison, I'd say the Legend beats the Verlinden, but it 's close. Both sets are very nice, with lots of goodies in them. For me, Legend beats Verlinden due to several items missing or lacking from Verlinden. The v. sand channels are PE, with little or no detail. The L. sand channels are resin with lots of nice looking detail (reinforcing ribs bent along the channel and additional small slots along the ends). L. also gives you the front grill with the appropriate ribs removed and a resin dash board that looks very nice to me. Over all, the detail on the L. set looks crisper than on to V. set.
Yea...I am a "figure" guy. But I cut my teeth doing armor. That's the reason I started coming to this site. I started doing figures 6 or 7 years ago but I still love the armor! And one nice thing, doing figures has definitly improved my armor skills.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, December 06, 2002 - 07:41 AM UTC
Mongo,
does the the Legends kit come with th eperferated barrel like the Verlinden one. the reason I ask is I need to find akit that has perferated .50 cal barrels. the IDF used a bunch of these on armour during th 50s through even 67.

thanks

Josh Weingarten
AKAshiryon
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 06:02 AM UTC
Hi Josh,
First, I need to apologize to you for not replying before this. Your question came during a 3 day period that I wasn't on line and I completely missed it. Sorry about that.
As for the perforated barrel, I'm not sure I know what you mean. Are you talking about the air cooled jacket around the end of the barrel where it meets the receiver? If so, I believe the Legends set shows the aircraft version of the 50 cal., no air cooled jacket.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need more information.
mongo_mel
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 11:40 PM UTC
Hi Josh,
I took a look at the barrels in both conversion sets last night. Now I see what you meant by perforated barrel. Both sets have the perforated barrel for the 50 cal MG.
Hope this helps.
 _GOTOTOP