_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
SA6 Gainful - Progress
newnikonian
Visit this Community
India / भारत
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 233 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 08:31 PM UTC
Hi All
Wanted to share some progress pics. The Trump's SA6 is shaping up better than expected. The details are excellent. I started liking this kit - with all those sink holes, ejecter pin marks and fit problems.

Let me know your thoughts. Correct me if I have made any mistakes.

Have a Great Day
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 08:38 PM UTC
This is a very good start. Keep on posting.

olivier
MonkeyGun
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 943 posts
Armorama: 825 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 09:11 PM UTC
Looking good Newnikonian i like the wiring on the lights etc and its looking a nice clean build .

Im not a huge fan or more modern armour but this kit is interesting , its certainly something different and at an amazing price.

It will be pretty big when its finished i imagine , can you give me some rough dimensions ?

Ian
MLD
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 3,569 posts
Armorama: 2,070 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 09:49 PM UTC
Looks great so far.

Be a little careful with the step adding the arm assemblies to the launcher base.
Unless you read chinese , they do not call out what you need to do to make the launcher in the up position.
If you follow the directions at that point you are limited to missles down travel position.
There was a thread in the Lissing Links modern discussion group about this and how to modify the kit parts to model the launcher in the launch position.

WWP is publishing a details book, currently reviewed on Perth Military Miniatures site which looks like it will be VERY helpful.

Mike
newnikonian
Visit this Community
India / भारत
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Oliver - Thanks and yes I will update as the build progresses.

Hi Ian - As for as the turret assembly is concerned it should be about the same as any modern armor kits. If the missiles are posed in the launch position, then yes the size do matters. I will check up and let you know the dimension once I am home.

Hi Mike - Thanks for the pointers. I have checked the ML site and noted. I am thinking of modifying the pivots and try to make it moveable. yet to see whether it can be done with all those fuel loading hoses and all. I will keep a lookout for the book. I may even build another with the sand color one. Thanks again.

MartinJK
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 59 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:47 AM UTC
Great progress Newnikonian.
I cant wait to get my hands on this SA6 kit, however, Northstar Hobbies still does not have any in stock.
The Trumpeter SA-6 did come out in N.America right?
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:52 AM UTC
Yup Martin, I got mine about a month to a month and a half ago, but that is down here in the Texas area.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:54 AM UTC
Beautiful build so far, I'm keeping an eye on this. Very interesting kit.......for a 'modern' one that is! :-) You must have used masks on those wheels and drive sprocket? So neat.........

Vinnie
newnikonian
Visit this Community
India / भारत
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 08:40 AM UTC
Hi Teacher, yes now a days I started using those student templates exclusively for painting wheels. Very cheap and easy. It is so easy I have already finished wheels for 3 of my future builds. (Two M1s and one T55)
 _GOTOTOP