_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
I want the big picture-really!
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:31 AM UTC
Is it just me, or does everyone else have to scroll left and right on any given single page to see the whole page? When I load up a page it views full left to "cont" of contact us...then I have to scroll right to see the rest of the page. I'm 40, somewhat computer capable and am working off of an 8 year old P3 based computer with a 15" monitor...is this just how the site's viewed{e-bay comes up the same way} or am I doing something wrong? I'd like to see the whole page in one shot...the big picture. Please...This tired user and computer need help.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 09:42 AM UTC
15"? Wow... depending on your graphics settings you could REALLY be having a challenging time on most sites I bet. If you have your screen resolution set to 800 x 600 pixels than make sure to maximize all your screen space. Full window, no side windows like favorites. And even cut down on the top tools and menus if you can. There is an option for example to have smaller icons in IE's toolbar.

That said this site was originally designed for 800 pixel minimums but in the last year we are pushing a bit more outside that realm. I think the current page is around 825 pixels.

If your resolution is at 640 x 480 than set it up higher. The highest value that will work for you would be best.

Cheers,
Jim
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 - 10:45 AM UTC
Most people have their screen resolution set to 1024 x 768. Your P3 should be able to handle that resolution. It also does depend if your monitor supports it but i would imagine it does.

Set it to that resolution and you will be able to see the whole site without having to scroll left and right. Viewing fonts at a smaller size helps as well.
old-dragon
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 3,289 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 08:23 AM UTC
Jim, yeah, she's an old gal...500 speed that origonally had 128 ram and 15 gig hard. And yes...other sites are problems too...just wondered if the adjustment was site based or on my end...add to that none of the other sites are forums so I can't really ask these questions there.
Thanks for the valued input...time to go play.
 _GOTOTOP