_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
blazer placement
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 01:16 AM UTC
last month i bough the italery m60 blazer kit,
but the blazer armor is hard to apply on my kit, the instruction sheet shows how to do it but the balzer armor didn't fit well. anyway this was the first real disaster kit for me the paintwork was really mest up. The real good thing about this kit is that it has this verry verry good ( much better then the academy kits) folded strecher, i really love it!!!.
So for me this model turnd out as an experimental model to test out new methods of painting and detail.

so if jou made something better why don't show us some pic's
or tell me what is your "experiment"model??
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 02:14 AM UTC
I have the big slab sided Italeria Elephant that I use as my "test bed." I have tried about 10 different zimmerit methods on it and am getting ready to practice air brushing it, too. Just like yours, it didn't start out as an experiment. I just screwed it up so bad I couldn't do anything else with it.

:-)
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 02:41 AM UTC
My "experiment" model is the M60A3 kit by Trumpeter. It was a horrible copy of the Tamiya kit with a few Academy detail attempts thrown in. Wasted $20 on that kit. I've never really built a Blazer kit, I always just shrug at the reactive armor attachment.
jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 03:03 AM UTC
My test bed for painting & techniques is a old italeri panther.I have painted this thing enough times to have to switch her out to the plastic graveyard and find a new one. I think a trumpeter T-? will do.Cheap and easily no loss of feelings over the kit.
(:-)
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 10:04 AM UTC
80a2
firs welcome second there were afgew layouts evident on the Magach 6 variants of the M60. you can find some decent pics in any of zaloga's books if you stilll need some let me know nad I'll see what I can find. dont worry too much about leaving spaces early examples were sometimes spread out a bit in their layout

Josh
aKa shiryon
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 12:47 PM UTC
My test model is an unfinished M32 that I salvaged from my flooded basement. When I started modeling again one of the first kits I bought was a replacement for it, but it's still in the stash.
SGT_Fubar
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 168 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 01:14 PM UTC
My wife managed to step on yes step on one of my models. Dont ask me how it managed
to find its way on the floor but this was a Kubelwagon that I have be experimenting on
how to make spouse damage become battle damage.
80a2
Visit this Community
Flevoland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 10:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

80a2
firs welcome second there were afgew layouts evident on the Magach 6 variants of the M60. you can find some decent pics in any of zaloga's books if you stilll need some let me know nad I'll see what I can find. dont worry too much about leaving spaces early examples were sometimes spread out a bit in their layout

Josh
aKa shiryon

thanks for the offerd help but i have got a lot of idf pic's ( 2100 photo's of idf armor )
and this collection is still groing.
well i'm building a 1:35 blackhawk IAF chopper (new version with refeul IFR probe) real big
and the m113 IDF fitter and also the new academy kit shmira m151 lot's of stuff to do this Xmas

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2002 - 10:33 PM UTC
my test model is a old tigertank from tamyia I believe
it fell off the shelf as my mother was cleaning the house
I promised myself to once repair it but it didn`t came that far
since then I have tried different zimmerit coatings on it and I tested what the look of the snow was that I use

shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Monday, December 09, 2002 - 04:07 AM UTC
Watch out for that academy kit Its missing abunch of stuff and mislocates afew others. Second the name shmira(which means losely watch/guard duty) was never used. if you can not, get a copy of the july 2002 military modelcraft international, it has an article on the fitter variants(by yours truly , just had to toot the horn) If your real interested come join us on sundays for chat. you can find the info on my homepage at

shiryon's page

josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
 _GOTOTOP