Leo 2A6: essential data needed!
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 09:25 AM UTC
Hey guys:

Any of you know anyone who has this kit, or has at least has access to the parts manual? Here is why I ask...

A bunch of us with Leo 1's are annoyed that Tamiya has some Leopard & Gepard parts left, but is out of others.

To that end we contemplated using the Leo 2 parts on our Leo 1's, specifically the sprockets and tracks. Problem is this: the Leo 2 track is wider, and needs to use the Leo 2 sprockets, but they are different, and not compatible with the DMD and clutch brass stubs.

Now, here is my thought: I know the static Tiger and KT use a modified stub but the same sprocket for their 'toy' gearbox' assembly, so wouldn't the static Leo 2 use one as well? Couldn't we use that one on the DMD or clutch-drive shafts, and put the Leo 2A6 sprocket on the ~right~ stub?

I need the part number for whatever assembly contains the brass sprocket-stubs. I initially thought this might be limited to the static 2A6, but the part number from a R/C Leo 2A6 might do if its available separate from the gearbox assembly.

Anyone able to help?
Martinnnn
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 5,435 posts
Armorama: 2,762 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 19, 2006 - 02:05 PM UTC
I know Erik has the Leo2A6 as well as some of my friends at Battle Tanks Nederland....

Just send a message to Erik67 he'll probably be able to help. I'll ask for you at BTN

Martin
tomzag
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 27 posts
Armorama: 23 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:09 AM UTC
WW,
I have some brand new trees for Leopard and Gepard, including upper hull and road wheel set and rubber. Rare, hard to find.
send me part number, I can sell to you. can not give for free.
let me know if anybody interested too.
thanks,tomsrctanks.com
WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 03:20 PM UTC
Tom

Please post some images of the parts sprues and bags, and I'll think about it. Include some prices for the respective parts.

WhiteWolf
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 04:14 PM UTC
Part numbers are as follow:

# 9400128 Shaft bag
# 9400126 Gear shaft bag

These bags contain all the parts for making the shafts for the sprockett,- idler- and road wheels.

I hope this helps.
BTW, I have a pair of Leo 2 tracks up for trade if anyone is interested.

Erik

WhiteWolf
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 09:59 PM UTC
Erik:

Sorry for the confusion. I'm not looking for 2A6 parts unless they are definately usable on a 1A4.

The reason I put a 2A6 title up is I wanted to know if these parts are usable on the 1A4. Some of the critical parts are no longer in-stock with Tamiya, and I am looking for acceptable substitutes. I don't have a 2A6 manual yet so can't even guess if these would be usable on a 1A4.

Thanks for the offer though.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 10:19 PM UTC
I see. Well, I'm not really into RC armour. Just built them because they are huge. :-)
And sorry. I have no idea if the A6 parts would fit a Leo 1 A4

Erik
tomzag
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:20 PM UTC
Erik,
is your track metal one or plastic? what else parts do you have for trade? what do you want to trade it for? thanks,tom
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:26 PM UTC
Tom
The tracks are the originally Tamiya tracks. I have no idea what they are worth, but I have no use for them. I guess they are not for free if bought separatly, so I'm thinking of trading them for some kind of modern armour 1/35 kit. Other spare parts are just leftovers from the kit. I changed a lot of the handles and turret basket with steel parts.

Erik
tomzag
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:32 PM UTC
I guess you used metal tracks for your leo2. but be honest I do not think is a good idea tho, that will put too much stress on all plastic gearboxes.
I do not have any 1/35 kits left. only have 1 built rc 1/35 leopard and 1/35 tiger with interior.
check on my website, (link deleted, see Forum Rules item #4) for pix.
Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

guess you used metal tracks for your leo2. but be honest I do not think is a good idea tho, that will put too much stress on all plastic gearboxes.

LoL. then it is a good thing that I drive it for 5 minute once every 2 months... As I said, I'm not really into RC. Fun building them though...

Erik
 _GOTOTOP