_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Warthog's DML Jadgtiger (lots of pics)
warthog
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,460 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Friday, January 20, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC
I started building the DML Jagdtiger a few days ago and so far this is the progress. Most of the time was spent researching for info about the jagdtiger particularly the interior. It was such a shame that DML did not include some interior....

I first modified the barrel because it was still 3-4 mm short. The DML guys measured it while the gun was still in recoil....

After I finished correction of the barrel, I did some scratchbuilding for the interior. I find the interior rather bare when the rear door was opened. Using some styrene and sets of pics this is what I achieved so far.

Comments and suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thank you for viewing.

Edit: Sorry, this should have been in the rivet review forum (I thought I was there when I posted this)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi Arvin ..good catch on the Barrel ..you've thought that they would have corrected that before releasing the new kit but ...Great job on the interior ..it will really make a difference if you leave those big back doors open ..keep us up to date on your progress ...

Rick
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 01:23 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind comments Rick. I'm still doing some reasearch on the camo scheme that I would do (my plan is to do the 332) for the JT. I've already seen some pics on the net but the camo scheme is giving me a problem -- they are not too clear. If only there is a more clear pic it would have been easier.

BTW, do all late JT have jack blocks and holders or was it just the X7

Thanks again.
janwillem
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,236 posts
Armorama: 700 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:28 PM UTC
looking good,
I like the scratch intirior.
thanks for the tip on the barrel.
Keep us posted.

Jan-Willem
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 07:01 PM UTC
the picture i have here from the book;the modellers guide to jagdpanzer show the jack up on the reardeck next to the MG mount on the X7,and no jackblock or holder on the back.as for the camoscheme;the 331 had a modified ambush scheme.yellow and brown with the dots. if the 331 has this i think the 332 would have too,both are with the512 schwere panzerjager abteilung.the X7 also has a grabhandle above the rear doors,hope that helps.

greetings jeroen,.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

the picture i have here from the book;the modellers guide to jagdpanzer show the jack up on the reardeck next to the MG mount on the X7,and no jackblock or holder on the back.as for the camoscheme;the 331 had a modified ambush scheme.yellow and brown with the dots. if the 331 has this i think the 332 would have too,both are with the512 schwere panzerjager abteilung.the X7 also has a grabhandle above the rear doors,hope that helps.

greetings jeroen,.

Hi Jeroen,

Very good info...they do help.

Cheers
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 08:36 PM UTC
if you encounter more problems ,please let me know,try to help as much as i can.because i like what you are doing with this beast

greetings jeroen,.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 05:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

if you encounter more problems ,please let me know,try to help as much as i can.because i like what you are doing with this beast

greetings jeroen,.

Geee, thanks a lot...since you inist :-) ...by any chance do you have a pic of the driver's compartment? Since I'm trying to burden myself with all this scratch building, might as well pour it on:-) . I plan to make a mock driver's compartment...

How about the engine... :-) -- my wife is going to kill me for this

Cheers
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 10:07 PM UTC
ok,will look it up.get back on it this evening,have to work now

greetings jeroen,. ,edit,,the site were the pictures where on is closed for some raeson??
will try to find some elsewhere,if there are any. edit,,,
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 06:05 PM UTC
Here is an update...

1) I added a mock driver's compartment because I plan to open the driver's hatch. Details are not scaled and I intentionally did not build some of the interior details because they are not visible from the open hatch.

2) I already painted and weathered the interior...

3) Added some subtle weld seams using stretched sprues...

4) Some rear hatch shots...

Thanks for viewing...comments are very much welcome.

CHeers
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 06:17 PM UTC
This looks really good. I like the scatched interior. Keep us posted on the progress.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 06:51 PM UTC
Thanks for the kind comments. I'll probably stop doing anymore scratched interior :-) ...it takes up too much time especially if you have limited resources . I'll start building the kit again....

Cheers
StuckFingers
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 68 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 07:16 PM UTC
I have to say that I find it amazing as well that DML didnt include some kind of interior knowing that modelers would most likely do a diorama or something (even just displaying) the doors in the open position. Shame on them. That said, you did a super job on the interior.
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 12:24 AM UTC
Arvin -

I admire the time and effort you've put into the "interior" details. They are superb and really makes this build stand out. All the more anxious to see more of your work on this. As to the camo scheme, I agree with "Diablo" in that 331 seems to be dark yellow with a red brown, soft edged overspray and some kind of modified "ambush" using these two colors. The reference I have saws that 331 was one of two JagdTigers from 3 KO., sPzJaeger Abt 653 that were captured by US Third Armor Division in Neustradt, Germany (March 21, 1945). Keep us posted on this outstanding work.

Blade48mrd
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 01:23 AM UTC
Thanks Mike,for backing me up on the camo-scheme Arvin i think the interior looks great even without good reference on this subject and the outside is coming along fine al so.
keep at it,will be watching your progress..

greetings jeroen,.
warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 03:33 AM UTC
Thanks guy for the additonal info. BTW, I'm really not sure if the gun breach has that green part -- just saw it on one of the pics from Tanxheaven (so sorry it closed down).

Cheers
russ
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 29, 2006 - 05:56 AM UTC
Nice job so far Arvin, you have done a good job on the interior, looking forward to seeing the progress pics.

warthog
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 10:02 AM UTC
This is just an update to what I'm doing for this build. BTW, I reneged on what I said I desist from scratchbuilding parts for this build :-) because I did it again...this time I added/replaced some of the clamps and hooks that came with the kit...

Scratchbuilt/replaced the tow cable clamp using styrene and wire. I also replaced the clamp for the tool..

Added some hooks on the side of the Jagdtiger. The parts that came with the kit was not the same on the original JT (based on actual photos)...so I replaced them..

Since I already did the replacement, then I might as well replace the holders for the cleaning rods :-)

CHeers
 _GOTOTOP