_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
GMC water tanker Move It Again
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 01:50 AM UTC
Here's the completed suspension,minus the wheels, for the Testors/Italeri GMC water tanker It will be painted red as it will be a fire truck What color should I paint the bottom of the engine?

Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
Chad
Oil pans are usually black, along with blocks.. I did my oil pan OD though. If its a converted army truck, it may still be OD.. Like this

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 02:22 AM UTC
Chad I would tend to leave the engine OD or green at least as these would be left the original color. There has been a lot of debate over whether the GMC engines were painted the silver/grey the same as the Dodge production engines as these engines were in fact a carry on of civilian production engines.

Another thing to look at is the possibility that only the exterior of the vehicle and the cab interior were red. These would have been conversions of allready built production line trucks so they may not have repainted the undernealth. I am not 100% sure of this but it is a possibility.

Cheers
Cliff
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:09 AM UTC
Dave and Cliff

Thanks for the help Here's a pic of the real thing The version I am building is on the far right It shows a red front axle Hopefully I can find different angled pics of this truck to see what colors the rest of the suspension would be

Also wondering if the seats would be regular khaki color Or maybe black

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 04:21 AM UTC
Chad looking at your pic it is more likely they were painted completely red.

Dave the motor has probably been rebuilt and that is why it may be OD. All my information has never said anything about the motor originally being black. But they were more then likely silver/grey along with the Dodge motors.

Cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP