_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Merkava III C progress pics.
CDNTanker25
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 82 posts
Armorama: 80 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:36 PM UTC
Hey all, this is my first attempt at modern armour, aswell as anything as unique as Isreali stuff. The kit is Academy's offering with Legend Productions conversion set. Resin turret and the works. Hope you like what I"ve got so far. Let me know what you think...

remember that this is a work in progress...
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 10:48 PM UTC
Hi
Nice start for a first one !
I have just one point about the chainballs under the turret bustle. It seems that there are not enough as on real vehicle. There should be enough to "build" a kind of screen.

I thought the Merk III had full metal roadwheels instead of rubberclad ones. But I may be wrong on this point.

Keep on posting
olivier
CDNTanker25
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 11:18 PM UTC
hi thanks for your comments. Just a quick thing. some ball and chains are missing intentionally. Some pics I have seen have shown them missing balls, or chains, I am doing this intentionally because this is going into a dio... remember, palestinians are not fond of Isrealies parading around on "their" turf! So as we have seen kids and people like to throw stones and such, and once I get the full coats of paint on and washes and what not, I will portray the stone chips and what not. Though, I will mention that the skirt on the turret has the number of chains minus a couple that the Legend directions told me to put on, whether or not that's accurate I don't know, it's hard to find good pics of tanks without spending a million bucks on books LOL. The wheels do indeed have rubber on them. Thanks again, and please feel free to post whatever comment you feel, good or bad!
Petition2God
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 1,526 posts
Armorama: 1,294 posts
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 07:29 AM UTC
Looking great so far! I am thinking about doing the same thing: buying the Academy Merkava III and Legend's resin replacements. Questions:
1) How was the build on both Academy kit and Legend's resin replacements? Also, do they fit well?
2) Are you going to put anti-skidding details on your model?

P2G
CDNTanker25
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, January 23, 2006 - 04:27 PM UTC
thanks Petition. Believe me this is no walk in the park. This is my second turret because of many details being wrecked. If you don't have any patience, buy a Magach as the ball and chains will rip you apart mentally and physically LOL. As for the the fit, it is like any resin kit, depends on the box you buy, if your LHS has one opened, great, buy it! Ummm.. there is anti slip on there, see the grey stuff? it's Mr. Surfacer, now that I have put paint on both, and have added some fading and shading, you can really see it, though I doubt the camera will bring it out when I take pics, we'll have to see! Good luck!
 _GOTOTOP