_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club 10.5cm leFH18/40 Howitzer
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 - 07:21 PM UTC
Gents, I just got this new AFV Club 1/35th German 10.5cm leFH18/40 Late Production Howitzer kit in. This is the 3rd in a series of AFV Club 1/35th leFH18 kits. Looks like an excellent kit, and if it is like either of the other two 10.5cm leFH18 Howitzer kits, its a real gem

AFV Club 1/35th (AFV-35089) German 10.5cm leFH18/40 Late Production Howitzer:

I'm not sure if this kit has been reviewed before, but I wanted to share it anyhow. At the moment, I dont own a digital camera, so I cant take pictures of the kits contents. However, I can show you and excellent in-box kit review by Terry Ashley over at the Perth (PMMS) site:

HERE

I know that the other two AFV Club 10.5cm leFH18 Howitzer kits have been out there for a while, and have more then likely been reviewed before, but I wanted to include Terry Ashley's Perth (PMMS) in-box reviews for a kit comparison:

leFH18kit

leFH18Mkit

At some point in time I would like to be doing a review like Jim Rae, or Vinnie Branigan, but for now this is the best I can do. I would like to thank each of these gentlemen for inspiring me to do a kit review like this. Hopefully, over a period of time, I will improve the quality of my review

Looks like AFV Club has done a great job at being consistent with the quality of their new releases. As with their other two 10.5cm leFH18 Howitzer kits, this new Late Production leFH18/40 will offer yet another high-quality kit, with alot of very fine details, and some endless diorama possiblities. A nice break from all the Tiger I's and Sd Kfz 251 halftracks as well. I highly recommend it

Any comments or questions about this kit, please reply to this post.

Cheers !!

Robert
seyahmit
Visit this Community
Missouri, United States
KitMaker: 51 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 07:51 PM UTC
I recently picked up two kits myself. I am going to do a Brecourt Manor diorama.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:14 PM UTC
Very nice kit and an easy build. All it lacked were the brake lines, which were easily done with solder, using a few pics from Ft. Sill.
 _GOTOTOP