_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Modern Armor progress pics
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 03:30 AM UTC
Here is a few progress pics of my entry. It's Tamiya's M1A2 OIF. I've decided this one would be a learning process for me, hence no non-slip coating or other non-OOB additions. The next one is in the mail and will contain a few improvements over this one. I did have to make some new tow cables though as the kit ones are very fragile and broke into little pieces when I cut them off the sprue.

Any suggestions or comments are welcome as always.

jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 04:39 AM UTC
Having built this kit before, i would have to say this is a great kit. My only regret was that i didnt have an airbrush then and painted it all in the wrong colour of Desert Yellow by Tamiya. Im thinking of getting the same kit and building it again.

Ok enough about me.....great progress so far Cary! Cant see anything wrong at this stage although im curious how you intend to load the tracks on as the hull skirts look like they have already been cemented on.

Looking forward to seeing more progress shots especially after the painting process.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 04:47 AM UTC
I like it Cary. I haven't had a chance yet to dive into a Tamiya M1A2 OIF Abrams. What did you like or dislike about it so far?

Gunnie
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:48 AM UTC
Nice and clean build. Your base paint coat is clean as well.
I liked building this kit, easy to assemble, clear instructions. Just a pity that it's so expensive !
Waiting for the next update.

olivier
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 04:41 AM UTC
There's not too much to dislike about the kit. At least from the perspective of someone who doesn't know much about modern armor. It would have been nice if they had molded on the non-slip coating, but that's no biggie. I do wish though that they had included more .50 cal ammo cans and there are no 7.62 ammo cans at all, even though one of the MG's is of that caliber.
 _GOTOTOP