_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Modern Armor M2A2 Progress pics
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,523 posts
Armorama: 710 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 10:53 PM UTC
Here is my Bradley so far. Its the Tamiya M2A2 ODS OOB except for Mr surfacer added to the hull and turret. I am also going to use the friuls for this and they are about half done. Assembly is complete and the first coat is painted, I started with the black for some reason, and i used Vallejo for the first time. I must say i was impressed with the ease of use, That is some good stuff. Well without further delay here she is so far.

Comments welcome

Herky
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
KitMaker: 5,329 posts
Armorama: 5,204 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:13 PM UTC
Nice build and black gives her a Sci-Fi look

Keep on posting

olivier
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:35 PM UTC
What, another Bradley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So we are up to 5 now.

Throw some police decals on it and there you have a new police riot vehicle.

Good job, but the black does make it a little hard to see some of the deatils. Can't wait to see more when you get the other two colotrs on it.

Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:47 PM UTC
Thanks guys, I am just trying something new by preshading first, Maybe i didnt do it right, but it is an on going learning process. Here are a few more pics with the basecoat on. I see a few places i missed, so i will touch them up. I used Iraqui Sand, and i must say looks ok to me. I am still pretty crappy at taking quality pics so bear with me.

I will post more as I go,

I was first going to go with the 3 tone camo, but i decide against at the last minute. Hope she turns out Ok. Hopefully the lighter color will help you see the details, or lack of. LOL

Herky

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 - 11:53 PM UTC
My bad Jeremy. I thought you where doing a NATO camo Bradley.

Wait a minute, are you painting , then taking a picture, then posting right now. Impressive!

Looking better now!!!!!!!!
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:23 AM UTC
Yup, looks like the Brads are popular as of late.

Looks like it is coming along well. What brand of paint is that? The color looks pretty good.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:41 AM UTC
Thanks for the compliments so far Gino, Pete and Olivier, means alot from guys with your skills. Gino the paint is Vallejo Iraqui Sand, No mixture just that color straight. It sprays very well, when diluted with a little distilled water.

More Pics Tommorow, have to study for school and get ready, no class tomorrow

Herky
jazza
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 2,709 posts
Armorama: 1,818 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 04:04 AM UTC
Sounds like i need to rename this campaign to Tamiya's M2A@ Bradley Campaign. :-)

Great build so far Jeremy. I did find it peculiar that you had a base coat of black but it all made sense when you said you were trying the pre-shading technique.

I personally failed miserable when it came to trying the pre-shading technique as by the time i fixed all my painting errors etc, the base coat was completely covered and couldnt be seen hence why i ended up using washes to enhance those gaps. Perhaps you do the dark washes anyway to further enhance those gaps.

I really need to find this Vallejo iraqi sand colour you speak of as mixing paint really make its hard to have a consistent colour between models.

Mate i feel your pressure though...you are going up against the likes of Gino, Pete and Olivier on this one.
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 08:05 AM UTC
I sent u a PM Jazza concerning Vallejo Paint.

Herky
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like i need to rename this campaign to Tamiya's M2A@ Bradley Campaign. :-)

Hi Jeremy (Jazza), fortunately there is a least one Warrior incoming !

Quoted Text

Mate i feel your pressure though...you are going up against the likes of Gino, Pete and Olivier on this one.

No pressure, this is not a competition, just having fun :-) If there is any pressure, it is on our shoulders : will we mess with a bad paint all the scratch job already done ? Hopefully not !

I primed mine yesterday. It is .... white, could have been funny to have a picture with Jeremy black one.

olivier
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 12:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I primed mine yesterday. It is .... white

US doesn't paint our AFVs white for NATO missions. You may want to rethink your paint scheme. Just some friendly advice. :-) :-)

Gino
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 02:26 PM UTC
Well I went and did it on this one. I was putting a wash on and I totally messed up. Then without thinking about what was underneath I tried to rinse it off and the water caused the paint to bubble. So i am scrapping the M2A2. Talk about a bad night. It will take a long time to finish this one off. I guess maybe i will do the SA-6 Missile Launcher. Would that count as Modern Armor????? If not then I guess it is off to the LHS, to try and find something else to build. Oh well, You live and learn.

Herky
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 07:08 PM UTC
DAMN! We lost a Bradley to incoming rounds!!!!!!! Return fire!!!!!!!!

Sorry to here that you Bradley is ending up in the "Bone Yard."

If you don't go with the SA-6, maybe you can take a stab at the Trumpeter LAV.

Good luck.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

DAMN! We lost a Bradley to incoming rounds!!!!!!! Return fire!!!!!!!!

Hit, Hit, Kill!!!!!!!!

Man all these brads being built around here are making me feel warm aand fuzzy inside. Now I just want to go down to the motor pool and take one for a spin lol!
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:17 PM UTC
Know what you mean Zach! I'm gonna go out back and play on mine! Gotta take a couple of pic's of the hinges on the TC and Gunners hatch.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:31 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well I went and did it on this one. I was putting a wash on and I totally messed up. Then without thinking about what was underneath I tried to rinse it off and the water caused the paint to bubble. So i am scrapping the M2A2.

I wouldn't scrap it. It looks like a good build. Try srpaying it down with Easy-Off Oven Cleaner and sealing it up in a large (gallon size) Ziploc bag for a day or two. Take it out and most of the paint will rinse right off. You may need to use a toothbrush to get it out of creavaces, but it should all come off. You can then start over on the painting. Shame to scrap it just for a painting mishap.

Erik67
Visit this Community
Buskerud, Norway
KitMaker: 1,871 posts
Armorama: 1,423 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:44 PM UTC
I totally agree with Gino. I tried his paint strip methode a couple of times and it work like a dream.

Erik
bison126
Visit this Community
Correze, France
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 09:58 PM UTC
I agree too with Gino.

Come on Jeremy, don't give up. This is just a bad trick from the "dark side". You shouldn't have painted her black perhaps :-)

Anyway, a SA-6 will count for modern armor to me.

olivier
Herchealer
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 10:47 PM UTC
Thanks Guys! I iwll go and get that stuff today and give it a try. It wont eat off the Mr Surfacer will it??? Oh I am still In. I actually have a LAV-25 about 50% done, and the SA-6 about 30% done. I put the LAV aside for a few days Because I had to figure out how to get the top to rest on the bottom due to the poor fit on the Back. A little sanding and I think i am in Business. I dont give up easily. I will Be posting more pics, when she returns from Depot/Maint with a new Paint job.

Herky
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:14 PM UTC
I haven't tried it with Mr. Surfacer, but sorry, I think the Mr. Surfacer will come off too. It is basically a thick paint with fine sand in it. The Easy -Off will strip it down to plastic.
gcdavidson
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 1,563 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

US doesn't paint our AFVs white for NATO missions. You may want to rethink your paint scheme. Just some friendly advice. :-) :-)

Gino

I think he's referring to a Warrior.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 - 11:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gino

I think he's referring to a Warrior.

Nope, just a little humor. Olivier is building an M2A2 ODS as well.
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2006 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Know what you mean Zach! I'm gonna go out back and play on mine! Gotta take a couple of pic's of the hinges on the TC and Gunners hatch.

Lol Epi I really would go but all of our tracks still havent made it back yet!:-) I think they start arriving in Feb with the conex's.

Anyway Jeremy you need to save that one man. All that work on a great looking Brad, no way should you let it go to waste.
 _GOTOTOP