_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Tires
Sandbox
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 350 posts
Armorama: 158 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 01:24 AM UTC
Just opened up my Italeri (279-IS1) M923A1 'Big Foot' 5 ton cargo truck. I was disappointed but not surprised to find plastic tires. Does anyone know of after market tires of more realistic material? Or is the plastic better for painting and weathering? I plan on scratch buidling my own canvas cover and frame for cargo area. Any other after market kits available?
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 02:12 AM UTC
There was an after market resin set a few years ago for the wheels/tires for this kit. Just Checked http://www.Greatmodels.com " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.Greatmodels.com and there's a whole bunch of stuff. Go to the database button and type in M923. You may want to replace the mirror supports with wire. My mirrors broke almost every time I took this bad boy to a contest.
armyarne
Visit this Community
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
KitMaker: 49 posts
Armorama: 41 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 07:52 AM UTC
Hi,

i know two firms producing tires for modern US military scale models. First Real Model from Czech. and Hobby Fan from Korea. Both producing good realistic tires (old/new pattern) in good quality for US M 923 Series, HMMVVe´s, Oshkosh series. Try to use Real model because the Hobby Fan tires are too expensive.

Greetings from Germany
armyarne
r19f
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 10:55 AM UTC
i am doing a m-936a2 convertion and i am useing czech master 939 interior set, engine set, the 939 wheel set (mitchellin patern ) and the pe for m-923 from eduard i also have the hobby fan wheels if you contact hobby fan direct you will save about 40% on the cost ,the interior set cums with a canvas top
 _GOTOTOP