Hosted by Darren Baker
skylght & terrace ovr map rm
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 07:41 AM UTC
Hi Cheyenne, You get another WOW from me. I like the railing, skylight, everything!! i personally like the pitch its at now. I want to know more about this railing, I think I can picture this finished and i think the railing is great. What is it from and where can I find it? This just gets better and better. Have you gotten Skype on your pc yet? Cheers Kevin
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 04:48 PM UTC
Nice update - I would go shallower on the skylights. These don't look bad, but I've never seen any so tall. Could be proven wrong it's not hard to do.

My memory serves me to say that a simple mast anntena would be a start. You could also put a few horizontal short pieces near the top. I want to say I've seen one that reminds me of fly swatter but I have to look for my reference picture. I'll do that and repost.

The railing are fine.
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 05:23 PM UTC
Thanks Kevin & Scott, Kevin the railings are HO scale and are by Model Power, from my l.h.s. and no haven't gotten Skype yet but Chris Edwards, a.k.a. Tango20 has discussed it with me, might check it out.

Scott, I'm going to make a rounded version [ lower in height ] and see how that looks, even though I'm kinda partial to the existing 45 degree ones. I just think that when weathered up and rusty and dirty weather beaten they would look better as is. But then again I don't have any other type done yet to compare it to.
I really want to have antennas and wire from hell all over the place - like looking behind my audio, video stuff at home and saying " holy sh*t what a mess ".
Thanks again guys - Cheyenne
Parks20
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 737 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 28, 2006 - 06:33 PM UTC
Wow, that's all that comes to mind, wow. You need to figure out how to put work and your personnal life aside and finish this beast and stop teasing all of us!!
How many more buildings?/structures are left to do?
 _GOTOTOP