_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Tamiya T-34/85
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 - 11:02 PM UTC
I'll be getting one from my officemate as a Christmas present. I was wondering what's a nice thing to do with it. :-) I mean, I'm kinda dry right now in the ideas/imagination department and was thinking what to do with the kit, besides building it OOTB. Any suggestions?
penpen
Visit this Community
Hauts-de-Seine, France
KitMaker: 1,757 posts
Armorama: 929 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:17 AM UTC
Something nice about the T34-85 is that there are many possibilities... soviet WWII, korean war, israely/arabic wars, vietnam... of course there will probably be modifications to do...
Personaly, I'd probably go for a syrian one.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 12:22 AM UTC
GIBeregovoy

If I were you and I got it from my officemate I would probably put it in a WW2 dio.
A berlin scene where a group of russian soldiers walks in the cover of the tank or sitting on top of it having a lift through the country side

Oberst
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 851 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 02:44 AM UTC
One essential for any T-34 is the replace the grill on the engine deck with PE. It makes it look 10 times better.

Andrew
Holocaust59
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 113 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 02:48 AM UTC
Why don't you have it emerging from a railway tunnel? That might look cool!
Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 - 05:23 AM UTC
I picked up one of these kits, not sure if its the same one you have, but mine is made to have the electric motor installed, it is kinda short on detail, so i bought a verlindin update and detail set, will definatly make the difference, the engine grille does really need some help

Bender
GIBeregovoy
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 1,612 posts
Armorama: 449 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2002 - 12:59 PM UTC
Thanks for the replies! I decided to just build it OOTB. Am leaving the engine deck intact. The only modifications are replacing the long handles at the turret and the hull with stiffer wire rather than using the plastic ones in the kit, as well as changing the hull mounted MG with a metal tube of the appropriate/approximate size.
I just finished pre-shading it (?) and hopefully will be done in January (I was hoping it would be finished before 2002 ends). I hope to have pics of it shown here. :-)
Since I left the TC's hatch open, I'll be adding a figure. I was thinking of making it into a North Korean T-34/85 during the Korean War. I was also thinking of turning it into a captured Soviet T-34/85 pressed into German service (there was a German captured T-34/85 recently recovered from a bog somewhere in Eastern Europe). Or just have it mounted on a small simple base to simulate the steppes.
barron
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 598 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 - 06:37 AM UTC
Watch the old movie Cross of Iron It will give you some great Ideas
 _GOTOTOP