_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Set your languages.... do you?
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 07:18 PM UTC
Howzit all,

I'm a little curious as to how many of you dudes and dudettes out there use the "SET YOUR LANGUAGE" button....

I discovered this nifty little feature while mucking about on the site about 2 weeks ago... I now subscribe to English, Afrikaans, Dutch, Zulu and Xhosa posts... and let me just say I've now met some pretty cool guys over at the BENELUX fourms, who's posts are in Dutch...

For those not using it (yet )... click the SET YOUR LANGUAGES button, select your languages (CTRL+Click for multiple), refresh your latest posts page.... and voila! You'll see posts in the languages you selected!Naturally there actually have to be posts in the languages you selected for you to see them (like I have yet to see any Afrikaans, Xhosa or Zulu posts :-) )... but yeah, as I said, pretty gosh darn cool.... and a great way to meet modellers that don't participate in the English forums!

And to my new Dutch speaking friends...... Groete kerels!

Rudi
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC
Funny you should mention that Rudi, I used to use that button a lot, but it seems to have disappeared.. . Same with the 'my post' page in my profile, it only shows one page of previous posts anymore...
I still pop into the Dutch site once in a while.

Groet'n
Henk
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 08:11 PM UTC
Howzit Henk,

It's still there on the Latest Posts page...

HTH

Rudi
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
Not here it ain't Rudi... No set your languages button, no old posts list in my profile... I've tried to find a few old threads, no change..... . Well .

Doeoei
Henk
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
Hi Henk,
It's on the dynamic version of the LP page (click any sort, hourly or member forums link), also it's on the main page of the Forum.

Jim
Henk
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 - 09:22 PM UTC
Thanks Jim,
I've found the one on the main LP page (:_|) but what about my old posts, is there somewhere to find those or are the lists kept short to save on BW and space?

Cheers
Henk
insolitus
Visit this Community
Goteborgs och Bohus, Sweden
KitMaker: 649 posts
Armorama: 207 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 02:38 AM UTC
I set it to Swedish, English and German (to train my German skills) but there are no posts in German... Are you German guys not active in your own forum? That is a pity then...
Cheers
 _GOTOTOP