Heki Grass
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 05:54 AM UTC
Hi Everyone,
I recently purchased some of the Heki Grass and am eagerly waiting to use it but have a problem....I'm not sure how to apply it onto a base or diormama. Is gluing it down the best method or is there a way to really make it look like its "coming out of the ground"?
Thanks in advance!
Matt
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 07:43 AM UTC
There are a few reviews on grass that you might find your answer in. Also Jackhammer81 has used this stuff a lot and I'm sure would be happy to help you out.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 - 04:31 PM UTC
Hey
Matthew
Have used this as a field of vibrant thick lush grass, and simply applied white glue where required, then pressed in a thinned base of the grass, then as it dried would lay more on, and it seemed to blend nicely, thickened as needed. As for making it appear to 'come outta the ground', i think this would only be an issue to address if there was a sparser area of grass you were modelling? Seems you can tease it straight when in a thick clump, and as the ground cannot be seen, there isn't an issue as to the 'sprouting point' of the grass...
HTH
Brad
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 01:28 AM UTC
Matthew, I would like to refer you to this article I did
Die Pressung
If you have any other questions please feel free to pm me, I would be happy to help. Cheers Kevin
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 02, 2006 - 11:47 AM UTC
Thanks for all the responses guys! Very helpful and maybe Ill get some pictures up this weekend!
 _GOTOTOP