_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Early Armor
WWI and other early tanks and armored cars.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Details on MkIV Male
HAL0
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 98 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, February 03, 2006 - 10:07 PM UTC
After some touching up and lil' sanding on my MKIV Tadpole Emhar Ive lost some of the details like bolts or rivets whichever they are on the model. Whats a good way of going about and putting these back on the vehicle. Thanks in Advance.
jonnysocko
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 192 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

After some touching up and lil' sanding on my MKIV Tadpole Emhar Ive lost some of the details like bolts or rivets whichever they are on the model. Whats a good way of going about and putting these back on the vehicle. Thanks in Advance.

Theres no easy way. you can cut little peices and tediously glue em back. Can I ask why you sanded them off? You can take your exacto knife and make little holes to simulate a rivet but thats kinda hoky ?

capnjock
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 860 posts
Armorama: 411 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 04:49 AM UTC
Grandt has a line of rivet heads. CMK has a series of heads. Also, you could get a punch set, but then the heads would not be rounded. Last but not least, take rod, round the end, cut it off, take rod round the end, cut it off, take rod, round the...........
capnjock
P.S. Yes I lost some detail on mine also. Those bolt heads are VERY close to the joining seams! Escpecially when putty must be used.
caonjock
SKurj
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 235 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 05:28 AM UTC
a trick someone mentioned to me...

Take stretched sprue, glue it where you want the rivet to be (perpendicular of course using instant CA,) then cut it off close to the surface and shape.
 _GOTOTOP