_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
revell 1:35 land rover
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,667 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 01:55 AM UTC
Hi there
Could anyone tell me if this kit (sorry the real thing) was used in Bosnia etc by the British forces as part of the UN peacekeeping force.TIA
Regards
Peter
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi there
Could anyone tell me if this kit (sorry the real thing) was used in Bosnia etc by the British forces as part of the UN peacekeeping force.TIA
Regards
Peter

Peter - hopefully Sabot will pickup on this thread and correct me if I'm wrong. I thought the Revell AG LandRover model is one of the older long wheelbase versions - the old Italeri SAS car. I think modern Rovers used in Bosnia are the shorter wheelbase Defender series.

Just my thoughts...

Gunnie
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:51 AM UTC
Hi Gunnie
You are quite correct,the Revell kit is i believe a series III landrover.I asked the question because as far as i know no one does a defender in plastic and i can't afford the resin ones.I know the series IIIs were used in desert storm and wondered if any were painted white and used in Bosnia etc.Thanks for your reply it's much appreciated.
Regards
Peter
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 07:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Gunnie
You are quite correct,the Revell kit is i believe a series III landrover.I asked the question because as far as i know no one does a defender in plastic and i can't afford the resin ones.I know the series IIIs were used in desert storm and wondered if any were painted white and used in Bosnia etc.Thanks for your reply it's much appreciated.
Regards
Peter

Peter, thank you! I thought it was a Series III too. Have you checked with Accurate Armor - as they seem to do all things British - with wheels :-) Maybe they've done the Defender too...

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 07:10 AM UTC
Peter - I hit the Reply button too quickly!

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~lloyd/4/LandRover/Toys/#Tomica

This is a link I found with all (reportedly) Land Rover model kits and toys. Perhaps there's a Defender there that you might find acceptable.

Gunnie
Stormbringer
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 05:02 AM UTC
Hi Gunnie
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out
Regards
Peter :-)
 _GOTOTOP