_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Wheels - Mojos CCKW.. More progress
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:22 AM UTC
Evening everyone
After some considerable time away from the table, for unknown reasons. I've gotten back to my Wheels submission. The paint and gloss coats are done and I have finished with the "detailing". I have added the supports that run over top of the engine compartment and a throttle cable..

The cable is a bit tough to see. Its a single strand of phone cord wire.
Also added a homemade cap retaining chain, for lack of a better phrase, to the gas cap

Same bit of wire rolled around a pin then flattened.. Looks a bit over scale I think.

Will start weathering this week, and start the gear for the back. With any luck a few more weeks and this one should be put to bed.. All comments welcomed..

Dave
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
Nicely done Dave!,.... when you get a chance, show us some overall photos...

Frank
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Monday, February 06, 2006 - 06:56 AM UTC
Good work mate. My only comment is the exhaust manifold looks too orange. Chocolate brown is a more natural color or if you use Humbrol #98, Matt Chocolate, is the color.

Cheers
Cliff
Mojo
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,339 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 05:49 AM UTC
Thanks for the comments fellas.. Frank, will get some overall shots soon.. Cliff, the exhaust is actually a lot darker to the eye.. The lighting seems to have really brightened it.. While I have your attention, what would the primer colour be on this rig.. Red brown would be my guess..

Dave
MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 01:21 PM UTC
Grey. the same color grey as they use today in automotive primers. A heritage paint company in England did the research for this as they mix and supply authentic color paints to all heritage Military vehicles and I emailed them about it.

Cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP