_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Welcome to the Nam!!
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 746 posts
Armorama: 389 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 05:27 AM UTC
This is my First Entry to A Campaign, And the first model of two that i hope to be entering. The other being a M113 ACAV.
Hope you like and any pointers welcome.

redleg
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 05:45 AM UTC
I think you have built a really nice jeep RedLeg. Its well weathered. The only pointer I can give you is on the rear fender behind the tire the angle of the fender should go all the way to the bottom for a Nam era Mutt. Its just something to make it a little more accurate.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC
filthy......love it! nothing like the mud on the vehicles....all I can see itīs that the star on the left side itīs not staright, but donīt worry

cheers
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 07:02 AM UTC
Great little MUTT. Other than the rear fenders, the only thing is the star on the hood is pointing in the wrong direction. The kit instructions are wrong. It looks like it came off convoy up in the Highlands off QL 19. Thanks for sharing. I have posted a photo of a MUTT in Nam. As you can see the star is forward and the point is "Pointing" the way.

HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 - 08:01 AM UTC
Good looking MUTT. Nothing to add that the others haven't already. Good job.
RedLeg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 746 posts
Armorama: 389 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 06:27 AM UTC
Thanks for the great feedback guys Appreciated

redleg
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 08:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great little MUTT. Other than the rear fenders, the only thing is the star on the hood is pointing in the wrong direction. The kit instructions are wrong. It looks like it came off convoy up in the Highlands off QL 19. Thanks for sharing. I have posted a photo of a MUTT in Nam. As you can see the star is forward and the point is "Pointing" the way.

Dave was there a reason why the star on the hood of Nam MUTTS "pointing the way"? Was it also the same for hood on the Gun Trucks?
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 08:51 PM UTC
This was the way all our vehicles displayed the hood star. It was said by some one higher up that we should have the Star "pointing the way". The star was further back on the trucks but on the little MUTT it was forward like in the photo. with the exception of the 8th Transportation group Mutts when we had the yellow nose stripes added.
 _GOTOTOP