Hosted by Darren Baker
Track servicing question
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 08, 2006 - 11:44 PM UTC
While I was searching for Aussie Centurions pictures through this very interesting website which is dedicated to the 1st Armoured Regiment in South Viet Nam, http://members.tripod.com/~hydetft/ARSVN.htm I came across this one :

and I was wondering what was the reason for such a manoeuvre. However that may be, I think I will have to add another dio project on my endless "to-do" list, but some background info would be welcome

TIA
Frenchy
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 12:48 AM UTC
Cool! Academy's IDF M113 Fitter, of which I have two, has separate parts for an Aussie version. I wanted to put one with a Centurion, and now have a reasonable explanation for it.
MikeMummey
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 653 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 12:58 AM UTC
Howdy Frenchy. It looks as if when the tank threw or broke its track that it drove all the way off. The track appears to getting laid out straight and moved up against the last set of roadwheels so that the tank can be driven back up onto the track to "button" it up.
Frenchy
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 12,719 posts
Armorama: 12,507 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 01:52 AM UTC
Thanks for your informative input Mike !

Quoted Text

Cool! Academy's IDF M113 Fitter, of which I have two, has separate parts for an Aussie version. I wanted to put one with a Centurion, and now have a reasonable explanation for it.

I've got the same project since the day I've seen the picture shown in Simon Dunstan's "The M113 series" book (Osprey Vanguard 34) back in 1983 ! At that time there was no plastic "Fitter's Track" available and Tamiya's Centurion kit was the only game in town....

Frenchy
 _GOTOTOP