_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
E-mail harassment. Staff please read.
ModelCitizen
Visit this Community
Yemen
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:28 PM UTC
I commented earlier in another forum about having received harassing e-mail. This is one I received just this morning from a staff member here. The text is copied below. I composed a response, but I did not sent the response, as I thought better of it.

The e-mail address from which it was sent: [email protected]

Hey,

Man you are becoming a pain. Why do you keep posting? Don’t you know you have no credibility on here? I am a staff member and we have been talking about you in the moderator forum. Seems very suspicious to us all that you just happened to run across burgess info. We think you two are either related or the same person, or are working together. Even Jim thinks so, and is working to prove it right now. And you come on there as being so helpful. Sorry, gothcha. I am sure you will be banned soon.

Your stupid posts yesterday show just how you have no credibility. You had two bad Soldiers kits? Dave Cox said it right. He has never seen a bad Soldiers kit, neither have I. Wonder why? Because they are an excellent company. You don’t know what you are talking about, that is for sure. He had to correct you because you give BS info. That guy wanted real info on soldier quality, not your BS answer. Thank goodness there are good users on the site to pick up the slack from users like you.

I looked in your gallery. Your figures stink. I saw your bio picture. You look fat and stupid (we already know you are stupid but now the photo confirms you are fat too).

Your article on the paint oven is absurd. Gee. Lets get a bucket and a lamp and call it a oven? My gosh, you are an Einstein aren’t you? And that article on the helmets? I wont even go there.

Listen, maybe you should shut up for a while, build some models, and then post when you have some experience. Your gold member status just shows you have an extra 75 bucks to spend. Doesn’t mean you have the foggiest clue about modeling. Also see you are back to your old addy now. Good thing Dave O’meara warned us all about you and you “secret identity.” Why do you suppose he singled you out and slammed you down? Cause he knows you are a trouble maker. Notice how nobody defended you. Wonder why? Cause they know him, and they don’t want to know you.

Get a life off of Armorama. You are not a good fit here.

To which I was going to reply (but I did not send)

Sir,

I am not sure what I have done to deserve this e-mail. All I have tried to do is help. I do not know Mr. Burgess. I am not working with anyone. I simply had some info, which I obtained serendipitously, and shared with a forum moderator (R. Gronovius), and the site owner, Jim Starkweather. It is true that I never heard from either gentleman after doing so, so I will assume that you are correct, that they do suspect me of some sort of complicity, but any small amount of investigation on their part will show that I have nothing, whatsoever, to do with Mr. Burgess, or his actions.

My posts yesterday in regards to my experiences with Soldiers of Italy, were 100% honest, and accurate.

I am sorry you did not like my articles. I merely thought that those were techniques which might be employed by the average modeler (which is what I am), to help make better models. As a staff member, if you deem them on no inherent value, then please remove them at once.

I signed up as a gold member only to help the site, not in an attempt to purchase instant credibility or status.

I do not know why Dave O’Meara felt it necessary to share with the populace that I had an new and old ID. My intent was certainly nothing sinister. The site owner seemed to have no issue with this. When I saw that Dave had done this, I posted and explanation, and asked that Jim Starkweather please shift everything back to the old account, so as to quell suspicion of impropriety. This was done, and I thought the matter closed. I did not expect anyone to defend me in any way.

I would appreciate it very much if you please refrain from sending me e-mail. I know there is a way to block this somehow, and I am going to ask my wife, who is a member of Ohio State law enforcement, to do so when she returns home (I do not know how).

I have never done anything to you, and I do not understand why you have to be so mean spirited.

I will not post to the site again, however, as I have enough of an idea that I am not “fitting in” there. Therefore, I guess you have won your victory, as this is simply not a battle that I choose to fight.

As I said, my reply e-mail was not sent. My wife was able to erase everything.

I would appreciate it if staff could please not send this type of e-mail in the future. If I have done something wrong, please direct it to Jim Starkeweather, and have him contact me.

I have two small children that use the e-mail to talk with family. They were both in tears this morning, and when I asked why, they showed me the e-mail. I now have to explain to them why people are calling me fat, useless, and stupid.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:37 PM UTC
Firstly, this a HOAX . No-one amongst the staff has an 'official' Staff e-mail on Yahoo. You are obviously hurt and upset by this (as anyone would be), however, rest assured,

THIS DID NOT ORIGINATE FROM ANY STAFF MEMBER ON ARMORAMA...

I rather think you have been singled-out by that S.O.B. troll who has been causing trouble the last few days...Jim
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
Robert:

Dont take offence. My guess is that this person is not an admin here. I bet it is that troll trying to disturb crap. Look at the wording. It is very childishearly to late teens talk. Not many members, if any here would talk like this.

Discuss with Jim. He will get to the root of this.

Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:51 PM UTC
Robert, my sentiments definitely lay with Jim and Brian...
I find it really hard to believe that any staff member here at Armorama would do such a thing...and if they did, I don't think they would be a staff member here after Jim S. was through with him...I think that the troll has now got your number, since you have singled him out, and the little sh** has nothing better to do than to try to bother other people, good people, and try to get a rise out of them...take it easy Bro, and let the webmaster handle this.
Gunny
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 08:58 PM UTC
Every staff member here has a 'staff' email. There isn't any reason to use a yahoo account. I think you've been the unfortunate recipient of a nasty version of spam.
ModelCitizen
Visit this Community
Yemen
KitMaker: 25 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
How would this person know about the posts regarding my old and new ID? This is information only available to A-Gaurd members via the member's only forum? How would Burgess get into that forum to learn those details?

phoenix-1
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 629 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
Definitely agree with the above. The language of the email, the childish attacks, etc. all make me think its a troll (bob perhaps?).

Quoted Text

Get a life off of Armorama. You are not a good fit here.

Follow your own advice, you P.O.S.

Kyle
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:04 PM UTC
Can I ask that people stop responding to this thread - at least just for now...Jim
Twentecable
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 339 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:25 PM UTC
Well I think the guy who wrote this to you is a very sad and pathetic person... Who isn't even worth the attention he gets this way....

I am sorry for you receiving this kind of mail!
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 09, 2006 - 09:37 PM UTC
Robert,
Don't let this idiot (or small group of idiots) get you flustered. He/they are obviously the same kids in school that loved to bully people and make themselves feel better because of their own perceived inadequicies. The email was most likely sent by Burgess in retaliation for something. That he could gain access (or has access through another account) to the A-Guard forum is rather disturbing. That is the issue I will concentrate on the most.

I am sorry that this troll has decided to play more games with the site and it's users. I am in the process of starting a legal complaint against him or his parents for these actions. If you send me that email directly as a file attachment (save as .eml) with it's original header information so I can contact Yahoo about getting the originating email for that account I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jim
 _GOTOTOP