Hosted by Darren Baker
Skybow Firefly
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Friday, February 10, 2006 - 12:15 PM UTC
I've been bugging my contacts at Skybow about this kit and prodded them again after hearing about the Tamiya Firefly. I thought I would share the most recent response with you all.

" I hope we can make the Firefly before Tamiya, too. But it takes time to design a good product. The team in DD(Dept. of Develop )they don't like to make something random. I will give the latest news for you."

So there is hope that they will get it out before the Tamiya one. They are definatley aware that Tamiya is doing a Firefly and it may have a negative impact on sales if it gets out before thier kit.
IdiotStick
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 63 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 04:27 PM UTC
I, for one, are very glad to hear that this project is still moving forward. If they Release the same hull with a standard 75mm turret, they could sell them by the truck load. The 'A4 hull is something that the braille scale have been lacking, but clamouring for and this scale is no different. Either way, I'm still buying these gems by the case!

Fuzzy
scoccia
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 2,606 posts
Armorama: 1,721 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 03:12 AM UTC
The guys at Skybow usually create excellent kits and for sure their Firefly will be quite likely the best around.
I only ask myself a question: there are two Firefly from Dragon (the first one is not so accurate) and one fortcoming from Tamiya. There's need for a fourth one? Shouldn't be better if Skybow's talented people will work on subjects that are missing and that potentially could have a big market like, just as an example, an M3A1 halftrack?
Ciao
Fabio
airwarrior
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,085 posts
Armorama: 1,227 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 03:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The guys at Skybow usually create excellent kits and for sure their Firefly will be quite likely the best around.
I only ask myself a question: there are two Firefly from Dragon (the first one is not so accurate) and one fortcoming from Tamiya. There's need for a fourth one? Shouldn't be better if Skybow's talented people will work on subjects that are missing and that potentially could have a big market like, just as an example, an M3A1 halftrack?
Ciao
Fabio

I think both are coming out in 1/48th, so no need to worry about over done subjects.
seanski
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 57 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 03:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Shouldn't be better if Skybow's talented people will work on subjects that are missing and that potentially could have a big market like, just as an example, an M3A1 halftrack?
Ciao
Fabio

I think both are coming out in 1/48th, so no need to worry about over done subjects.

On top of that Tamiya announced a Firefly IC, and AFAIK Skybow is going to release the Firefly VC. I'll take at least a couple of both .
wingsntreads
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 174 posts
Armorama: 123 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 05:26 AM UTC
From what I understand the Vc will be on the late M4A4 hull leaving it wide open to do other late variants as well as most Canadian types.
 _GOTOTOP