Hosted by Darren Baker
German stairwell terrace thingie
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 03:00 AM UTC
Decided to use Plastruct, rough brick, rough stone to finish this stairwell terrace thingie.
I'd rather cut and cork my own but hey - fish or cut bait ?
I've got to cut some corners and expedite this thing, or the dio will be finished in 2020.
This structure is being used to tie in the German beer house with the 4 story bldg. going on the left of the dio.
The definition and texture is great and takes auto primer - grey without melting.
The catheter looking thing at the base of the thing in the middle is a drain - which reminds me I need a grate somewhere on the terrace level.
Thanks fer lookin - Cheyenne

Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 03:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've got to cut some corners and expedite this thing, or the dio will be finished in 2020.

I wouldn't have gotten this far in my lifetime, never mind finishing... :-) . Great stuff again, it will be nice to see all your individual masterpiece come together.
It looks almost like a lift building, what is the purpose of the doors/building?

Cheers
Henk
Ripster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 970 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 03:35 AM UTC
Very impressive - that will be an awesome dio when it's finished!
jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC
Cheyenne, This is fantastic! How long have you been working on this one? I know its not done up with the cork and stuff, but it sure is sweet and I cant see where you have cut any corners. I really cant wait to see this on a base. Cheers Kevin
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 04:25 AM UTC
Henk, whats up buddy, thanks man, been shoveling snow most of the day or I would have gotten a little further along on this.
If you look at pic. #3, there will be a catwalk - terrace, deck type of thing going from the beer hall [ middle flr. ] around to the present stairwell build.
I have to gut the middle of the German beerhall structure because I want to put an entire bar and interior there with full stand up windows and terrace door type of things, yes with lights and full bar, stools, tables, St. Pauli girls etc. I've been bitten with a dollhouse interior thing.
Anyway, the deck will work its way over to the stairwell and there will be a doorway at that level and another doorway on the beergarden, patio level [German bldg. level] .
Great whopping shank, this is hard to describe but it is all in my melon and I promise up-dates. Usually what I see in my head is crystal clear and I build, but when transposed to type, usually turns into chocolate dog rear pudding. [ take that auto - censors ].
Graham, thanks also, I just love building stuff and it keeps me out of the Gin mills, L.O.L.
Quit smoking too, 3 - 4 months now, so modeling is about the only vice I've got left - good Lord if only I could light up a ciggy, sit back with a coctail and look at my builds and get nicotine and hops inspiration !!!
Some of my best thoughts have come from a butt and a beer !!!
Thanks guys - Cheyenne
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 04:47 AM UTC
Hey Kev, thanks man, say hi to Mary for me.
Still can't reach the Welshman, left a message tho on the ans. mach. thang.
He even sent me e-mail with some cool snow pics, still no Edwards one on one tho.
Ask him to post his pic. of him in his Harry S. Truman straw boater [ hat ] in the snow, I'm still laughing.
I'll try again tonight.
Hey man I want to see some pics. of the Panzrs on the steppes - Russia dio. - got any new stuff ?
I need somebody elses stuff, perusal fix, hey man you got any good eye candy ?, cough it up !!!
Cheyenne
pfc
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 1,017 posts
Armorama: 752 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 06:12 AM UTC
Still progressing well cheyenne.

Quoted Text

Quit smoking too, 3 - 4 months now,

Glad to here this but I cant imagin how with this huge project but youll make it.

jackhammer81
Visit this Community
Nebraska, United States
KitMaker: 2,394 posts
Armorama: 1,695 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 09:15 AM UTC
Ok Cheyenne, I havent done a lot on the big one, been kinda busy helping Mary make the bears base and also working on a base for a pair of panthers I am getting ready to start on. Tell ya what I'll post a few pics in the next day or two for you to peruse I'm looking forward to this one getting painted! As for that crazy welshman I wonder what his deal is I tried talking with him in Skype again and didnt get an answer. You get it installed yet? Maybe I'll have to call and light another fire :-) Cheers and have one on me, Kevin
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
KitMaker: 747 posts
Armorama: 301 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 09:29 AM UTC
Looking good cheyenne
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 01:17 PM UTC
Wow!
I’ve been following this mega-project for a while (haven’t commented yet) but this is going to be awesome! I’m just afraid I don’t know where to look at when it’s finished

Keep this up, I love it!

Mark
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 01:44 PM UTC
Hallo cheyenne,

Great work (as usual) . I am always amazed at your clean, exact work. Do you have a picture or do you can explain us how you build up the stairs?
A few days ago you posted a pic with your notice board on another thread and i already noticed the stairs on your workbench.

Cheers
Claude
Yeti01012001
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 360 posts
Armorama: 334 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 07:02 PM UTC
What a great master piece you have got there and you have not even finished yet.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 08:19 PM UTC
This is great. It's like an MC Escher image with all the stairs and twists and turns (and that is meant to be a very high complement).

I can totally understand the pulling this fish in - it's a keeper.

My one comment on this is the round things on the post heads. Personnally, not a fan of them. I like the funny shaped ones on the stairs and on the top of the radio building.

No Hops huh - Now That's tough.....Here's a vertial one
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:16 AM UTC
Just got home from work, thanks alot guys.
Claude thanks, the stairs I made from basswood [ a little stronger and denser than balsa ].
I cut the lengths and glued them on scrap wood pieces, step by step. Just like a kid with his blocks.
The landing I used a block of balsa 5 ? 6, inches high to glue the risers to.
Never mind my work I want to see your castle progress.

Scott the round wood balls [ he said balls heh, heh ] I used to break up the types of finials used in the dio, didn't want them all the same type. The ones you prefer come from Michaels, as do the round ones. They have some kind of doll, doll house association, if I remember correctly.
Cheyenne
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:22 AM UTC
hey cheyenne you need to check something
(two letters PM)
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:23 AM UTC
I'm a nag aren't I?
cheyenne
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:28 AM UTC
Sorry Luke nothing in the p.m. department, I'll keep lookin tho.
Cheyenne
SkateOrDie
Visit this Community
Iowa, United States
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 - 03:49 AM UTC
Crap. Maybe I sent all of them to to eagle by mistake.
The question I need to ask was the width,length,& height of the canalside building in inches or in centimeters?
Konstruktor
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 22 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - 09:14 PM UTC
Nice work..Id like to see it after its painted and weathered,so keep us updated!!
 _GOTOTOP