Hosted by Darren Baker
AFV Club 1/35 Centurion V in March?
Savage
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,405 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 03:18 AM UTC
Just doing the usual browsing and saw AFV Club is releasing a RAAC Centurion Mk.5/1 in Vietnam (AF35100) and it’s supposed to happen in March.

Terry’s got it listed on Perth Military Modelling and it’s also on Modelmecca and IPMS Stockholm.

I was concentrating so much on Bronco, that I almost missed it. So is it true or what?

EDIT: Prime Portal has some photos of it taken at the Nuremberg Toy Fair 2006, it looks nice.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 04:15 AM UTC
Thanks for posting that . I may have to reconsider. I was a little indifferent last week, as I've been doing Accurate Armour Centurions, and find them to be very accurate. (That, and the fact I still have nine unbuilt Tamiya Centurions on the shelf) The apparently workable suspension would make dios a lot easier, and the accurate return roller mounts mean I have wasted quite a bit of time detailing a short-tracked Tamiya kit. Of course I'll get one. Or two. Or three.
Darson
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 247 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2006 - 04:17 AM UTC
Eric,

From what I have heard from both online and LHS sources this appears to be true. As to the release date, well if it arrives in March I'll be happy but I'm not betting my house on it.

Cheers
Darren
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 02:17 AM UTC
Heya, Folks,

Does anyone have an idea as to what the kit is going to retail for...?

Been fiddling around with the Legends Aussie Cent conversion on and off for a while now... I have to admit, the prospect of not having to construct the the rear basket from scratch --- like you do with the Legends conversion --- makes me want to buy this kit all the more! Glad they chose this particular model of Cent ---would not have expected that! I'm sure they'll be releasing many of the other variants as well!

Thanks!

Aloha,

Johnny B
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,141 posts
Armorama: 950 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Heya, Folks,

Does anyone have an idea as to what the kit is going to retail for...?

Thanks!

Aloha,

Johnny B

HLJ lists it for $30.50. So, it'll probably be around $40-$45 in the U.S.

Chris "toadman" Hughes
Toadman's Tank Pictures
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 03:58 AM UTC
A local shop here in Australia has it on a pre-order special of 44 Australian dollars (about US $ 32, or 27 Euros).

They say the kit should be released in Taiwan in March but possibly in the Australian shops only in April.

Cheers,
Christophe
Spades
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 776 posts
Armorama: 477 posts
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2006 - 09:04 AM UTC
Great the dragon m1a1 kit, trumpeters stryker and this kit of the centurion, I need more time to work on this stuff. Must quit working,,,thats the only answer.
sherman-vc
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 01:29 AM UTC
I have it preordered from HLJ along with the Track Set. One can only hope they will release others
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 03:18 AM UTC
Hi, Being listed as "spring" I would have to say that this could be anywhere between March, April, or Mat, depending on what part of the world you are living in.

According to the guy up to my local hobby shop, the Far East usually gets dibs on the new stuff first, usually followed by Europe, and then the U.S. Usually.

Hard to say. Wonder just how much would have to be changed on it to turn it into an IDF vehicle? But I would imagine that there are after-market folks out there right now gearing up for some conversion pieces to do so very shortly after the kits hit the market.

Take care, Larry
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 19, 2006 - 04:00 AM UTC
Accurate Armour already have the conversion made. The only question would be whether the rear hull extension fits. I would imagine that if each company has done its homework, it should fit, albeit with a bit of filler. I oredered four of these sets from them, and they're worth the price, as they come with decals too.
 _GOTOTOP