_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: IDF [Israeli Defense Forces]
Armor and AFVs of the IDF army from 1947-today.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M60 blazer lights
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 11:19 AM UTC
Hi guys, Im building a blazer at the moment and I have noticed that the front lights are two different colours my reference photo's are not that clear colour wise.I guess one is a standard type light but the other is very dark can anyone help . (:-)
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 12:32 PM UTC
http://www.patton-mania.com/M60_Patton/the_real_thing/m60a3_b28b.jpg

Here is a picture. The outside is clear and the inside in blackish red. The inside ones are an infrared light emitter. The blazer is the same as all other M60 series (I think?) in the US inventory.

Hope this helps.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2002 - 10:06 PM UTC
Hi. many thanks for the Info dragoon, couldnt show the picture but the Info was helpful
many thanks and a merry christmas. (:-)
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 02:31 AM UTC
Just wanted to clarify, the light assembly is the same for both sides. The left lense is clear, the right lense is the IR light and is red-black. It is not the inner lights are clear and outer lights are black. The same light set-up is still used on many vehicles, an examle is the Paladin howitzer as can be seen here.
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 03:18 AM UTC
AS 22-dragoon said they are the same lights as found on the US Vehicles.I found the best way to paint it is a base coat of gloss black and then clear red.. BTW which version of the MAgach 6 are you making?

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 03:53 AM UTC
Just to clarify, the left lens is clear and the right lens is red-black as you look at the front of the tank. If you are sitting inside the driver's compartment, it would be opposite.

Both use the same headlight bulb, it's just that the IR lens is a red-almost black filter that sits over the headlight lens. Best bet is to use gloss black to represent the lens and not any type of red stop light paint.
2-2dragoon
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 268 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 - 07:14 AM UTC
Oh... well, that shows how long its been... yeah... you guys ar right. I never understood the why of that... other than you would not have to have a left and right assembly, just one assembly. I guess that is too simple... the Army rarely does things that simply.
 _GOTOTOP