_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
In The Stalingrad Shadows #2
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 06:27 PM UTC
Hello all...

I have been very busy doing end of year school stuff and beggining of holiday things...
But I have done a couple of things...the workshop needs to feel a bit more like a workshop and the Gaz car needs to feel dead...The workshop and gaz car need work...weathering, softening of colours and all the small details...I just thought I was going to post this cos I dont know when I am going to have time again....

http://groups.msn.com/armorama/gatekeeper.msnw?Page=Last

The German sniper is almost done...I just need to attache the poor mans hear and put his rilfe in his hand, other wise he has the rags on his gun and has a fance and all... :-) A little more weathering on him to be done and he is read yo show....
all comments welcome...

Cris
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 07:23 PM UTC
Chris looking good but i have a few sugestions
1). weather the tools add some rust to them to have a older used look to them as any thing in russia would have
2.) the weatthering on the jeep looks pretty good as does the mud on the wheels but your model looks a little flat so you should mayabe drybrush the models highpoints with a lighter color of the base color. Otherwise it looks pretty damn good.
3.)Also try a wash on the jeep
4.) (And most importantly)Disregard anthing andrew (Oberest) tells u if he does J/P #:-) #:-) #:-)
Cant wait to see the finished product
Brandneus Pimpus
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 09:12 PM UTC
Looking good Cris

but I have to agree with branden that you could give the tools you have laying there a more darker and used appearance. For instance the hamer would almost be black. Cover it with rust but the part where you hit the stuff with should be more the color that the hammer is now. The same with wrenches etc. Everything where metal touches metal you`ll see the damaging on the tools
Also the hightlighting of your vehicle would bring a certain life into it as Branden said with a lighter color.

but anyway looks good mate like to see that fnished

lestweforget
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 2,832 posts
Armorama: 1,500 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2002 - 10:02 PM UTC
looking pretty kool, but of course it will look ace when it has the landscape done, cheers
Matrix
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 528 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 05:45 AM UTC
Looking good!!
lifestyle
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 340 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 05:57 AM UTC
Hey chris afetr you do what i recomend please post some pics so we all can help ya more should be an awsome dio
Maybe if you add a window u could eneter it in the contest or somthing
Brandneus Pimpus
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 03:01 PM UTC
Hey all...

Yes...very nice ideas!...I like!...as soon as I get enough time Ill add some more "wear and tear" to the tools!...
And as soon as thats done Ill take a couple more photos and work a bit more on the snipers and the entire workshop..

Cris
 _GOTOTOP