_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
t-62 conversion
sapp
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 07:01 AM UTC
hey i was just wondering if any of you have worked with verlinden's battle damaged conversion for the t-62? i just ordered it and am expieriencing a little buyer's remorse. the conversion is pretty extensive, and i'm starting to think its a little over my head. any help or anything would be much appreciated.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 08:17 AM UTC
Have you started it yet? If not, you might want to sell it to someone less interested in accuracy. The turret is too small (It may well be a perfect 1/35 in scale, but if you're putting it on a 1/32 model, make it look proportional) and the engine is too wide between the cylinder heads. I'm not talking nitpicky stuff either. These things are definitely noticeable.

Ah, I see you only ordered it. Maybe you can still cancel? Seriously, the only thing worse than this is their early T-55 conversion with a slanted cooling fan to match the angle of the rear hull.
Jurjen
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 3,040 posts
Armorama: 1,016 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 12:57 PM UTC
Well, I bought the set and all I can say: Cancel the order! There are just too many inaccurasies and fit problems. Often that is not a real issue but with this set.......

Jurjen
sapp
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 05:03 PM UTC
thanks guys. unfortunately, it has been shipped and is on its way, so i guess i'll eat the 60 bucks and makes the most of it. i'm not as scared of it now that i know its flawed though.
sapp
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 07:42 PM UTC
well that sounds promising. thats all you could use huh?
geez.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 07:56 PM UTC
Damn David
Just bought it last week end ago
Well try to fix it and do 2 T-55s burn out on Trumpeter base for the price of one

Cheers

Seb
sapp
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 08:28 PM UTC
yeah, i'm just gonna build it, and see what comes of it. even if it isn't so accurate, it will make for an intersting model at least. i hope. plus it'll be some good practice wwith photo etch if nothing else. i havent worked with it much in the past. we'll see how it comes out.
 _GOTOTOP