_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Donald Sutherland a Nazi?
thewrongguy
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 448 posts
Armorama: 306 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 04:02 PM UTC
Hi

I've wanted to do a real diorama for a long time now, either it'll be a 8th army desert scene, or a scene from the dirty dozen.

Remember in the dirty dozen when donald sutherlands charecter (vernon?) impersonated a german driver and was asked by the german sentry for a light, and of course Donald couldn't speak german. That was one of my favourite scenes because of how tense it was. The problem is I can stick 2 germans infront of a car with smokes in thier mouth, but that just becomes 2 smoking nazis infront of a car which may have already been done . .

What options do you think would work, I was thinking I could paint a lanky german (eastern front figures are usually skinny enough) and maybe paint a OD undershirt and swap US boots & hand gun to sort of look like he doesn't really belong. I don't think he wore US equipment in the movie, but it might help with the whole infiltrator thing. For people who have never seen the dirty dozen , it would just look like a german solider who didn't know how to dress himself, or a painter that didn't know how to paint him. I think I'd have him looking over to the seargent (clyde?), hiding in the bush coaching him.

Any suggestions on how to make this come off?
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 04:16 PM UTC
I'm sure about "The Dirty Dozen" dio, although you could use the figure of Donald Sutherland from Jaguar depicted in the movie "Kelly's Heros"

...and this set:

I think a dio of these nuts would be cool.
Gatekeeper
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 05:53 PM UTC
hey

I like the idea!...its very original!

I dont know how to make a confused looking figure but I have seen 1/35 figures shoing emotions...You could get a skinny little confused looking man wearing a jail shirt under a German uniform...I think the aim is to make it look so that something does not match...I dont know where an escaping American soldier is going to get any American equipment in the middle of the desert. But maby you could put a German uniform shirt with a pair of not matching pants so that it looks like he got it from two diffeernt people with the jail shirt under the uniform...I havet seen "The Drity Dozen"...well I cant remeber seening it...although I know I did. But you could make a German check point with Donald Sutherland in the strange uniform driving an Opal truck with the other guys in the back of the truck covered by some rags or something. And the German soldiers at the check point asking for a light...

Just a suggestion

Cris
Whiskey
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,038 posts
Armorama: 377 posts
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2002 - 06:15 PM UTC
Duuuuuuudddddddeeee Kencelot I have always wanted to do a Kelly's Heroes dio.I didnt even know Jaguar made those figs.Well there goes my new paycheck lol.
 _GOTOTOP