Hosted by Darren Baker
AM Sheridan corrections?
blindspot
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC
Has anyone seen any AM parts to correct the Academy Sheridan? Anyone know about any AM manufacturers planning corrections? I was hoping that by now there would be a slew of upgrades, but I've only seen a handful of add-ons.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 01:52 AM UTC
AEF Designs has a couple correction/upgrade sets for it. One for a Vietnam era M551and one for a Just Cause/ODS era M551A1 TTS, they also have a gear set.

Legends Productions has a gear set for it.

Fruil (I think) just released a new track set out for it too.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 04:23 AM UTC
If you're talking about the grossly incorrect angle on the TC cupola, I'm still looking for my mold which corrects it.
Anyway, it would be in clear resin. I may mold a corrected driver's hatch area,but it's not on my "to do" list soon, as I already faught a battle with this thing several months back. I generally make a mold if I have to do at least a few of the same thing.
blindspot
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 32 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 05:05 AM UTC
Thanks guys, but I was hoping for something that would correct a number of things; TC cupola, idler mounts, a number of things, but especially the driver's rotating hatch - I think that is the most glaring problem, at least for me.
I may have to look at grafting one from the old Tamiya, it has a host of problems also, but maybe between the two of them, I can get closer to "right".
Then again, judging by some of the pics I've seen, I might be able to build it OOB and just cover the thing with supplies, fencing, tents, MRE's, boxes, etc., etc...
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 05:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... but especially the driver's rotating hatch - I think that is the most glaring problem, at least for me.
I may have to look at grafting one from the old Tamiya...

To be honest, that's what I did, but still had to detail it. It's closer than the Academy one. Didn't feel like fooling with the RTV at the time so no mold of it yet.
 _GOTOTOP