_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Big and Beefy" ---- It Begins!
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 09:12 AM UTC
WELCOME and best wishes to all Russian "Big and Beefy" Campaign participants. Blast off is today, March 1st, with the completion date scheduled for June 1st, 2006.

I see there is already a good looking thread started in the Armor Forum showing some box art and narratives on what some participants have chosen for campaign entries. This is great to see.

My regards to everyone as we move through this campaign.

Steve
ps: With 59 entrants, this group is kind of big and beefy also
pps: By the way, the campaign ribbon is posted on the Big and Beefy Campaign page.
http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=133

Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 06:10 PM UTC
I began my construction last night. This consisted of cleaning up the road wheels and filling a couple of sink holes on the hull sides. I also constructed the lower hull tub. Since we no longer have a journal function, I've been recording my build descriptions onto an MS Word document. If I get off my behind and take some photos, I may even attempt a build article.

http://photos.kitmaker.net/showgallery.php?cat=12928
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 06:19 PM UTC
Started as well, HOWEVER, I don't see my name on the list...Jim

At the moment it's a KV Ekranami...
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 07:35 PM UTC
Mmhmm,
as per usual with my KV addiction,I can be done in about 10 build days.

Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
Armorama: 477 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
I will start mine this weekend. With everything else I have going, im glad this does not end until june.
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 04:56 AM UTC
I've cracked open Dragon's T-34/76 Model 1941, Kit No. 6205. This is a good looking kit, with some pe for the rear grill, hull brackets, and tie downs, and the usual gray plastic with (minimal molding lines), and indi links.

My plan is to show a knocked out T34 that has burned out a bit in the engine area. The model will be based on a blend of two different actual pics. One pic supplies a view of the damaged rear hull and upper engine deck, and the other a side view showing some distorted bogie damage and blown away fender and track. I'd like to post a link to the actual pics here, (which I assume is legit), but I'll check with Staff first before I do so. In essence I'd like to be able to show the two actual pics, and then the model, (hopefully), replicating the damage.

One thing I plan on trying is to apply a tad bit of powdered baking soda around the shrapnel entrance holes, and add a bit of water. Supposedly once dry, the baking soda leaves a white effervescence around the hole simulating burned armor. I recently read this tip somewhere and want to give it a try.

There's just something about that WW2 Russian armor, --- Big and Beefy

Steve
GunTruck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 05:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Started as well, HOWEVER, I don't see my name on the list...Jim

At the moment it's a KV Ekranami...

Heh heh - Jim, you gotta head over to the Campaign Page and enlist. Just hit the ENLIST button - and you're good to go!

Russian Armor Campaign
barv
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,594 posts
Armorama: 973 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 05:22 AM UTC

Hurray---found my drawings ---now to find the plastic and glue ---lost bench in trying to find plans :-) :-) --must get bigger room
This one is off the wall
Start in morning ---if can find my seat now :-)
aye
BARV
(GOSMG)
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 01:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Heh heh - Jim, you gotta head over to the Campaign Page and enlist. Just hit the ENLIST button - and you're good to go!

Doh! :-) :-)

I'm enlisted... I'm also half-way thru entry number one - a Kv 1 s Ekranami...Jim
GunTruck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 10:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Doh! :-) :-)

I'm enlisted... I'm also half-way thru entry number one - a Kv 1 s Ekranami...Jim

You're too funny!

Gunnie
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 11:59 PM UTC
Steve

I will be building the Tamiya IS-3 Stalin No AM stuff for this one Would I be able to include a what-if story on this? Something like a Ukranian seperatist movement having uprised against Stalin The movement would be led by General Zadov

Now to figure the best way of making some gouge marks on the front hull and turret for richochets
 _GOTOTOP