_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
dml's m4a1(76) and hull angles
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 02:33 PM UTC
now i know i'm being impatient and the u.k. is usually the last to receive new kits from asia but where can i order dragon's new m4a1 and receive a kit that does include the 10 degree angle on the hull rear AND the new cast texture? saw terry's review on PMMS and jimbrae's comments so am a bit wary on buying it direct from japan.....
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 - 02:41 PM UTC
As I explained in my review, ONLY one shipment (to Japan) was with the original hull and turret. Everything else was dispatched with the corrections. As to getting it, you'll be able to get it from either LuckyModel or HobbyEasy - both of these retailers are site sponsors and both offer a first-class service. Simply click on their banners on the left of the screen...Jim
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 12:21 PM UTC
Hey Jim
Can't recall if you just reviewed or actually built this kit, but want to query the part MA12 on the PE fret which has the 4 lengths of chain... Now I can only make out from the instructions that 2 are to be used for the pins on the tow points on the lower front transmission housing. Are the other 2 used at all? If not then maybe used for fuel cap pin chains, pity 3 needed...
Thanks for any help
Cheers
Brad
stufer
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 416 posts
Armorama: 342 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 02, 2006 - 02:13 PM UTC
thanks jim,getting far too excited about a new allied kit so all reason goes out the window!next time i'll take a deep breath and promise to read the news properly.all i've got to do now is wait for payday(five days and counting.............)
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 06:22 AM UTC
Cheers Kenneth sounds feasible to me!
Oh and Stufer, there are HEAPS of left over parts in this kit... Even the exhaust deflector from the M4A3(76)BoB...
Cheers
Brad
domalski
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, March 03, 2006 - 06:44 AM UTC
I was at the Columbus,Ohio show 2 weeks ago tomorrow and a vendor had the DML M4A1 kits.I told him about the hull and turret problems and asked,since one of the kits was open,if I could take a look inside.
It was the uncorrected kit.I asked his source and he said he got them from Hong Kong.
Of course I passed on buying the kit.At least for a while I think we'll have to inspect to be sure.
HTH,Frank D. in Ohio
 _GOTOTOP