_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
User of the Year?
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 04:30 AM UTC
hey Jim i have an idea. why don't u make the user of the christmas. to be 2 user of the month on dec? what do u say? what do u say guys?
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 01:36 PM UTC
Vlady,
I am not quite sure what you are suggesting. Do you mean have a second user of the month just for Christmas??

Jim
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 07:35 PM UTC
A simple second UOM for December would be too much just for Christmas sake I guess.....

But why not a User of the Year....and annual praise to the most active / interactive / nice / polite / friendly (or whatever reasons there could be) member aboard....

It will probably one of the users who had a monthly award already who will run for president after all, so the award could be a capital A (=Armorama or Annual winner) pinned down to his ribbon..... Maybe just choose between this years monthly winners for the annual Armorama UotY
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 07:39 PM UTC
yes Jim that was what i meant but eagle is right.
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 08:28 PM UTC
hey jim i second the motion, lets vote on UOY! i think we should help show or friends we appreciate them and of coarse we could always nominate jim for the great site and forum center
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 09:26 PM UTC
... oops. I think I just blew my chances by posting that latest message on the "/news" forum...

LOL ! We should have started this a year earlier : it would have resulted in a UOY (year), UOD (decade), UOC (century) and even a UOM³ (millennium) !

This doesn't need a vote : Armorama would not be what it is if ANY of us wasn't around.
But it's magic comes from mostly two people whom I never met and I wish to thank for all the effort they put in here : Jim and Rob ! Merry Christmas to all of you ! (:-) (:-) (:-)
Eagle
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 4,082 posts
Armorama: 1,993 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:04 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This doesn't need a vote : Armorama would not be what it is if ANY of us wasn't around.
But it's magic comes from mostly two people whom I never met and I wish to thank for all the effort they put in here : Jim and Rob ! Merry Christmas to all of you

Jan,

you're absolutely right !!

A wonderful Chistmas everybody !!
cfbush2000
Visit this Community
North Dakota, United States
KitMaker: 1,796 posts
Armorama: 1,207 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 11:31 AM UTC
[quoteThis doesn't need a vote : Armorama would not be what it is if ANY of us wasn't around.
But it's magic comes from mostly two people whom I never met and I wish to thank for all the effort they put in here : Jim and Rob ! Merry Christmas to all of you ! (:-) (:-) (:-) [/quote]
I agree. This site is a tribute to those two and they should be joint user's of the year.
Thanks guys. (:-)
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 11:44 AM UTC
Thanks all. I can't speak for Rob, but it's nice to be appriciated.

This site has so many good people who put in time and effort here. And more are volunteering every day. Which remind me that I need to update the About Us staff list with a few new moderators. If you haven't checked out that list please do. HERE

I am somewhat in agreement with the thought that we don't need a UOY. However I am leaning to bestowing one or two Order of the Golden Rivet medals at years end to a few people who should have them (post haste!).

Cheers,
Jim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:14 PM UTC
I am honored that some of you feel that way about me. I like this site and feel at home here. We may not be the best aircraft site, nor the best sci-fi site, figure site, warship site, reference site, etc. (in some people's opinion). But we have something special here. This site covers modeling by beginner/intermediate/expert modelers in a friendly atmosphere. Members are not afraid to point each other towards other sites and Jim doesn't "pull" posts that extoll the virtues of other posts. We get a "pop-up" free site that has basically been tailored to our suggestions/requests for the past 12 months.

Good job Jim. You're my UOY in my opinion.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 12:34 PM UTC
Rob,
Thanks! I am honored. And you went over 3000 posts!! Cool.

As much enjoyment as this site seems to bring to it's userbase, it also has been a very fun and rewarding experience for me this past year. It's one of those "works in progress" I guess. In fact I just put in some functionality for the Feature stories that I have been wanting to do since the site was first built! You can now click a link near the author name to bring up all feature stories by that author. There are also navigational links for the forum discussions on the feature (if started) and the copyright and published date info is all automated now. These kinds of little changes make it much more likely that I can start having other users start entering feature stories on their own. Of course these would still need to be qualified site support staff (not just anyone in other words).

Well...my mouth runnith over.

Jim
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 01:05 AM UTC
k. guys. i agree, but i would like to add on the list KENCELOT. JIM, ROB, KEN, congratiulations to all of u and keep the good work.
andy007
Visit this Community
Wellington, New Zealand
KitMaker: 2,088 posts
Armorama: 1,257 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 26, 2002 - 01:43 PM UTC
What about Gunnie???
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 02:32 AM UTC
Vlady,

Guntruck........aka Gunnie

HTh

Matt
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

who is gunnie?

Eeeek! Thats nearly sacrilegious.
I'm pulling for ya Gunnie...

BTW, thanks for the nom. My vote goes to Staff_Jim.
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2002 - 05:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

who is gunnie?

WOW -I'm quite insulted!

Gunnie
vlady
Visit this Community
Bucuresti, Romania
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2002 - 03:28 AM UTC
sorry. i was just a little drunk in that moments.
 _GOTOTOP