_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Axis - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Axis forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
after market tracks
jager-wolf
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 04:07 PM UTC
I was wondering if anyone had used the Friulmodel aftermarket tracks or any other type that they might recommend, Iam working on a Tiger II ausf B. Jager-Wolf
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2002 - 08:42 PM UTC
well tell ya what i think. I LOVE THEM METAL TRACKS FROM FRUILMODEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i know they have three differnt types of track for the king tiger, one set has six peices per set of links, and they give you the wire to pin the tracks together. now model kasten also makes workable link tracks, but the pins are tiny and don't go all the way through the links, just on the very ends. fruilmodel makes a better product in my opinion. but the choice is your stug
avukich
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 760 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 02:14 AM UTC
I personally use Friulmodel tracks whenever I can, but in the case of the King TIger/Jagdtiger I would be careful. Like stugiiif says there is one set that has six parts for every pair of links. This set is an absoute nightmare to work with and if you want to use that particular style of tracks (early: #ATL-41) I would highly suggest going with Modelkasten for them.

HTH
screamingeagle
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 1,027 posts
Armorama: 595 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 02:35 AM UTC
When it come's down to it, Friul tracks are my first choice for aftermarket tracks.
Their a 100% quality product, and in my opinion you can't get any better than
white metal for coming close to the real-deal. They take primer & paint with no
problem's & look fantastic when weathered. I thoroughly recommend them.

- ralph
Rico
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 66 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 24, 2002 - 09:25 AM UTC
Which set of Friul tracks go on the Porsche version of the Jagdtiger? I read a review of the kit someplace, maybe at Missing Links, where the reviewer said that the Henschel tracks wouldn't work on the Porsche version because they'd be in the way of the suspension. But when I look at the Friul tracks that are for the Porsche Jagtiger, they don't look any less wide than those for the Henschel version. I know they make those thin "transport" tracks, but I don't think that was what he was talking about.

Anyhow, this has all left me very confused #:-)
Bish
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 15 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2002 - 10:59 AM UTC
I'm currently working on a King Tiger and useing Friul set ATL-16. This isthefirst time i have used after market tracks, and they were great. I was a bit put off at first, but once i got started, they went together well. Mutch easier than individual links that come with some kits. I now plan on useing them for all my armour kits were possible.

They look and sit just like the real thing, just easier to put together.
 _GOTOTOP