_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Too many " Big & Beefy " Forum's !!!!!!!!!!!!
Spades
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 776 posts
Armorama: 477 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:05 PM UTC
Maybe its me, but, I have noticed ALOT of Big and Beefy Campaign Forum's. It seems everyone who is in the build has opened up a forum to show off their current work in progress. Still have not gotten to mine, BUT, I will.

Could we please just post pics and comments in one central forum instead of having to click on all "Big and Beefy" topics ???

By the way, since I have been to ALL of them and seen the current work, all of your work is looking good:

Jim - Like the KV, cant wait till its done

Steve - Love the burn damage on the t-34, if only I was brave enough to try.

Carl & Ian - KV2, always liked that tank, cant wait till that one is done. ( Basically, I like the KV series vehicles, so, if anyone else is building one, will be interested in seeing them done.)

Roel - Would be nice to see your BMP and my BTR80a side by side.(Which I have to get TO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

And to the rest of you all, see you at the finish line.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Rhode Island, United States
KitMaker: 3,581 posts
Armorama: 2,782 posts
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:28 PM UTC
Lou,I like having my own build thread,and I will use the Finished official pic thread to post pictures.It could be hard to follow and answer specific questions if we only used 1 thread.I would spend a lot of time searching for questions directed to me amongst 50 other B and B builds.
Spades
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 06, 2006 - 10:40 PM UTC
I understand that Carl, just jumping in & out from one forum to the next you know ??? I would think it easier to just show everything on one thread you know.

But to each thier own. Hope you werent offended.
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 04:23 AM UTC
No worries,Lou.This is a big and beefy campaign I have my preferences set to about 40 replies to a page,and if it were 1 thread,it would get to many pages as the tanks and so on get finished.
Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 07:33 PM UTC
We might want to consider the implications of all of our 'BnB' posts on the other campaigns. There are currently 8 or 9 individual threads posted. Once the gallery opens up again, this could surge up to 20 to 30. For anyone not in the 'BnB' campaign , this means having to surf through endless 'BnB' postings, to find their campaign of interest. One advantage of having all the in-progress threads together, is the camaraderie of being in the same place, with my being involved in two massive campaigns, 'Flat-tops' and 'Show us your Teeth' I can attest that it does work under one thread.

Just one opinion,.....

P.S. My T-28 and the KV-8 are almost ready for paint, can't wait for the gallery to re-open!

Frank
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 07:36 PM UTC
Once again,let me share.
www.photobucket.com
This is where I store my images.It generates the {img ] tags for ease of posting.I don't need to use this gallery much,but might for finished models only

Clanky44
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,901 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 08:00 PM UTC
Photobucket used to have a time limit on the photos posted,... is this still the case?

Spades
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 09:02 PM UTC
Just started using photobucket, I like it, just hope I can remember how to post photos here again. hehe....
TankCarl
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 10:22 PM UTC
Lou under each picture is the [img ] tag thing,rt click and copy,then come to your reply and rt click and paste,voila.Done.

MrRoo
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,856 posts
Armorama: 2,984 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 - 02:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We might want to consider the implications of all of our 'BnB' posts on the other campaigns. There are currently 8 or 9 individual threads posted. Once the gallery opens up again, this could surge up to 20 to 30. For anyone not in the 'BnB' campaign , this means having to surf through endless 'BnB' postings, to find their campaign of interest. Just one opinion,.....

Frank

Frank I am not a member of your campaign but will open all the threads anyway to look at what models and the different workmanship done to almost every entry.

I personally ,like Carl, prefer individual threads for each model and I am sure that others do too. If they were in one thread I would not bother to look because, as Carl said, one thread would become to large to troll through.

All or most other Campaigns work on the one model to one thread system anyway.

Just an outsiders point of view....

Cheers
Cliff
 _GOTOTOP