_GOTOBOTTOM
Site Talk
Site announcements, comments, or feedback about the site.
Seller/trader ratings
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 02:52 AM UTC
I was wondering about the possibility of adding trader ratings to a member's profile. What I'm talking about is a page where a buyer or seller can go to rate the person's handling of a transaction. The rating would then be displayed under the member's name whenever he posts a message, or in his profile for others to check out. Another board that I frequent, Gunsnet does this and it seems to work very well.

Anyway, just a suggestion.
DaveCox
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,307 posts
Armorama: 2,130 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 05:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was wondering about the possibility of adding trader ratings to a member's profile. What I'm talking about is a page where a buyer or seller can go to rate the person's handling of a transaction. Anyway, just a suggestion.

Why? This site isn't for buying and selling, it's for communication between modellers - I bet that the vast majority of members don't indulge in trade.
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 05:30 AM UTC
I would have to say I would be totally against this as well. I really don't think the site could or should get involved with deals between individuals, other than provide them with the means to contact each other.

Vinnie
Gunny
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 6,705 posts
Armorama: 713 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:05 AM UTC
Sorry, Cary, but I'm gonna have to agree with my mates here also, big thumbs down, just doesn't belong here on Armorama...yes, we do have a forum for "Buy, Sell, or Trade", but that's about the extent of the market here...I'm sure that it works well at other sites, but really not for this site, IMHO.

Gunny
mauserman
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,183 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:34 AM UTC
Well, like I said, it was only a suggestion. It would just be a way to see a members track record regarding transactions. There'd be no responsibilty on the part of the site or it's administrators, nor should there be. Just a rating system by members, for members.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Friday, March 10, 2006 - 06:48 AM UTC
If we did have a rating system, we'd open ourselves up to lawsuits. I think the word of mouth on the internet about good/bad sellers/traders is enough for our site.

I'm reminded of an old saying a college marketing professor taught me. "A satisfied customer tells his friends, a dissatisfied customer tells everyone."

In the internet days, it is real easy to let everyone know who is good or bad.
 _GOTOTOP